Top Shelf Aquatics

Humor me

tayeke

There are no fish in it right now, but comparatively to most... even being a FOWLR tank my aquascaping sucks. Just thought I would share this with everyone. I"m too poor to buy more rocks and if I did I would not know what the heck to do with them.

CONVAR1.jpg

I woud have done the exact same thing - you did the best you could with what you have. Go buy some cheap-o dead base rock pieces to build it up - that's really nice live rock, shouldn't take long to seed the dead stuff.

Go buy some cheap-o dead base rock pieces to build it up - that's really nice live rock, shouldn't take long to seed the dead stuff.

Wow I really never thought of that... get cheap stuff that I can afford and it will become good. Thanks a lot! If anyone has tips on setting up rocks it would be greatly appreciated?

psst..... put a background up.

Great Idea! I've thought of that too, but I am on a budget and I wanted to make sure I had the needed goods first.

Great Idea! I've thought of that too, but I am on a budget and I wanted to make sure I had the needed goods first.

understandable.

Ditto. That teeny piece in the front is pretty hot, too. B)

I think that is a snail. if not I like the idea.

I would move the one in the middle, to the left. And then use the one on the left, as a bridge over the 2 outside rocks.

good luck, Mike :)

Ok it is a snail in the front... I have two of them. And I think a bridge may only be good if I add more rock, because there would be very little hiding.

ReefApprentice

for the background try a different color like ebin's pink which is very sexy

actually I like it.

psst..... put a background up.

I've heard that vasiline works great for attaching backgrounds to the back of tanks,

if there's any left when ebin is finished. :lol::lol::lol:

Well that is a great idea in theory.. but I am not gonna be making a lot of rocks so it would not be cost effective for me to buy all that stuff.

It is good but I'm still not smarter about how to make hiding spots for fish... but I think I'm capable of figuring that out on my own if I wasn't too poor to buy lots of rock.

Actually I am going to buy some dead base rock as suggested.

ReefApprentice
That's funny.. what does it look like?

looks awesome...check out his tank thread

it is really original and new

EBIN'S AVATAR: I can. :naughtydance:

You my friend are my new hero.

I would move the one in the middle, to the left. And then use the one on the left, as a bridge over the 2 outside rocks.

Personally I wouldn't Less Is more, plus as you get coral it will be attached to rock. the tank looks great.

this thread is by far the most entertaining to read. props to ebin! LOL

tayeke actually props goes to him on the lesson that simple basic look can still be appealing to the viewer.

looks awesome...check out his tank thread

it is really original and new

Thanks apprentice but I am just another bean in this slow cooker of a hobby.

For a background....go to home depot, lowes or another do it your self hardware store hit up the paint dept. they should have a quart that was mixed for a customer they are dying to get rid of for a buck or two. you may be suprised what you find! I had the paint for my background in my closet left over from when i painted some stuff for my daughter's room.

ReefApprentice

"Thanks apprentice but I am just another bean in this slow cooker of a hobby."

You my friend get the award for the most random metaphor of reefing.

Congrats!

Archived