Innovative Marine Aquariums

Six Gallon New Setup

ezcompany

As for the blastos, keep it in low-med flow and keep it in low light and the bottom of the tank for a while then slowly move it up. They're pretty sensative to light and flow from what I hear but mine have never really complained. Good Luck!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the blastos, keep it in low-med flow and keep it in low light and the bottom of the tank for a while then slowly move it up. They're pretty sensative to light and flow from what I hear but mine have never really complained. Good Luck!

Will do Paul, hope he grows beautifully. I'm trying to not move him around too much. he's in low flow and lower lights than your 70 watts of halides. (40 watts) if anyone thinks he needs more light then please tell me, i can give him an additional 18 watts :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update:

the Yumas didn't make it...the rhodactis did.

i have been missing some blasto frags and zoo frags recently...i finally found the culprit...was a rock crab...pulling ALL of them in a little hole of his....

i pulled all the Liverock out, and all the rubble and frags were in it...so i tried to take him out, give him a chance to live in my QT tank, but no, he didn't want to come out...so since corals>crabs, i poured some hot tap water in his hole. he still didn't let go, he just stayed there...so i pulled out the good ol swiss army and yeah.

funny thing was, his legs disappeared...i only was able to get his body out. does hot water dismember their limbs?

brutal i know, i didn't enjoy the whole process, but it had to be done.

Hey there EZ. I had to do the same 2 weeks ago to a crab that had been plagueing my system for a few months and I finally caught him. Exxcept I had to take my main suppoting rock out and then dunk it in fresh water for 5 minutes in order to get the little bugger to climb out of its hole. At least I got hium, but it did mean I had to pull my entire tank and corals out, which was a major PITA. Love the eclipse, looks great with all those zoos. That blasto will be a nice piece once it grows out. Mine is a very similiar color variation and the polyps blow up really nice and fluffy.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just finally saw the link in your signature for your 6 gallon tank... it looks great too! And the blueberry gorgonian looked awesome in your tank. I am sad to say that it finally bit the dust :(

one of the reasons for the black lip with the bar across the center is for tank structure/support I think without it you'll stress out the corners more as the tank 'bows' outward from the sides - but if you haven't had any problems yet thats great! I just set up a 6 gallon Eclipse myself although with a lot less rock than what you have. Tank looks really great -- I hope one of mine will someday look this good.

Hey EZ,

I Just wanted too let you know that your 6 is one of the best nano-tanks that i've seen! Thanks for the zoa frags, they compliment my tank and I couldn't have asked for better pieces!

argent - i knew it was for support, but i believe that the acrylic should be strong enough to hold it. but you have officially scared me, i'll cut the middle and just put the fram back on.

juin - i'm glad you like the zoos! they grow really fast especially if you dose dts and keep ur water a tad dirty ;)

update: blue spotted yellow watchman has jumped a week ago.

:(:(:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey EZ,

Thanks for sharing your successes and failures on the tank. I'm looking to start something similar. Do you think you would have chosen this 6 again? I'm seeing a similar tank in my local freshwater shop, but under a different label. I'm sure it's the same manufacturer, but here in Holland the voltage is 220. So maybe the folks in China can sell it here under another label. Anyway ... just curious if you'd do it again given what you know today -- or would you make different choices?

let me know!

Thanks,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Would you ever advise anyone to buy an Eclipse acrylic tank now knowing what you know? I too had a eclipse a 12 gallon. When I bought it a guy said yeah thats a good starter system but.............youll want to go bigger after awhile.

Would you ever advise anyone to buy an Eclipse acrylic tank now knowing what you know? I too had a eclipse a 12 gallon. When I bought it a guy said yeah thats a good starter system but.............youll want to go bigger after awhile.

I would shy away from the eclipse only because its made of acrylic. other than that, its a very solid "Freshwater" system, and only so much can be done for a Marine set up.

• 8 months later...
Hey EZ,

I Just wanted too let you know that your 6 is one of the best nano-tanks that i've seen! Thanks for the zoa frags, they compliment my tank and I couldn't have asked for better pieces!

Diddo

Archived