little white things growing in tank

wxnerd

I have been letting my tank just run empty and just as I am getting ready to put my fish in these little white larva like things show up on the glass. they are about 1 centimeter long and i need to know what they are, why there are here and how to get rid of them. please help me.

thanks,

todd

ethan29nano

probally pods , no need to worry , do they look like they have antennas? Or do they look like a snakes toung , which are flatworms which are bad....Give a better description , there could be hundreds of possibilities....

ok well i asked my girlfriend and she quoted they look like little maggots. they do have "feelers" that go out. I almost think they look like tiny white ants. i attached a picture to try and help out.

Thanks,

todd

post-18188-1142225364_thumb.jpg

I have been letting my tank just run empty and just as I am getting ready to put my fish in these little white larva like things show up on the glass. they are about 1 centimeter long and i need to know what they are, why there are here and how to get rid of them. please help me.

thanks,

todd

I think they are pods also but your photo has motion blur (shakey hands durring your shot). Raise ISO to 800 or 1600 and take again or better yet place camera on some books (Or tripod) and use the timer feature at same ISO.

If it were me, I wouldnt add fish for at least another week until I sorted this out.

Archived