How long have you had your Pistol Shrimp?

MrKrispy

I realized that I have had my Alpheus randalli pistol shrimp for about 2 years, and my yasha haze goby about a year and a half. I don't know the lifespan of them but that has to be pretty old for a tiny shrimp like that. They have been in my 20L the entire time and don't seem like they need a walker yet. Anyone have an older pistol shrimp or yasha hasa?

• 3 weeks later...
SlipperyDick

I've had a pair for nine months in a six gal, and my current Alpheus randalli / Stonogobiops nematodes are going strong for about a year now in a 20 long. They are great.

• 2 months later...
clifford513

I have an alpheus randalli I have had for 8 months now. I had two to begin with, and my still, though I have only seen one since transferring tanks. My hf goby died during the transfer. I believe the stirring of the sandbed led to his demise.

i have had the same one since i started my tank almost a year ago ive only seen him once though, but i can sure hear him lol

i hear mine now and then on the day, i see him alot too, no goby thou, but he likesto hang out up front at the main entrance to his little underrock world.

I have 2 tiger pistols that are almost 2 years old and 2 yellow watchmans that are 2.5 years old. It does make you wonder how old these things get.

Tiger and YWG 9 months. They were in a 24 nano cube but are now in a 29 gal and the tiger owns the sand bed. He has tunnels under the rock from one end of the tank to the other. Any coral or plant or any thing else placed on the sand will be subjected to the tiger trying to get it under the rocks into one of his caves. I love that he keeps the sand clean with constant landscapping projects.

I've had my tank for about 1 1/2 years. About 4 months after I started it, I found a Pistol Shrimp swiming around late one night when I snuck up in the dark. I haven't seen him since, but when the lights turn off... click,click,click. I think he's still alive. What else clicks in the tank besides a Mantis?

• 2 weeks later...

I got a red Japanese pistol for about a year now. The guy likes to dig and retrieve lost corals, I love him for that. Today I dropped my neon sacro by mistake into the rockworks, within 20 seconds my pistol brought it out and placed it outside the cave.

Fishfreak218

I have had my breeding pair for 4 days now :) lol ones pregnant...

I dont know if they are a breeding pair but one is deffinatly a female and judging by the other ones claws i would guess its a male (but i have no clue if it has both big claws that means its a male... just a guess)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived