Coral Vue Hydros

Should I buy a Nanocube

skimmerdude

skimmerdude

I really want to buy a nanocube. The nanccustoms tanks with upgraded lighting look pretty good. I don't have the time or the space right now to start an involved DIY project and the nanocustoms tanks look to be a good fit.

I still have some concerns about the tanks cracking, I would be interested in a 12g 4.24 dx. I have not heard of any cracks recently on this forum (for the last few weeks).

What is the general thought about them right now? I am on the fence, it just kills me to think of a nanocube with $$$ for upgrades and livestock cracking.

Anyone care to talk me in or out of making a purchase.

Thanks

(I have quite a bit of experience with a tank that is 30g, but I am new to anything smaller)

miamibeach1330
I really want to buy a nanocube. The nanccustoms tanks with upgraded lighting look pretty good. I don't have the time or the space right now to start an involved DIY project and the nanocustoms tanks look to be a good fit.

I still have some concerns about the tanks cracking, I would be interested in a 12g 4.24 dx. I have not heard of any cracks recently on this forum (for the last few weeks).

What is the general thought about them right now? I am on the fence, it just kills me to think of a nanocube with $$$ for upgrades and livestock cracking.

Thanks

(I have quite a bit of experience with a tank that is 30g, but I am new to anything smaller)

I just bought a 24g. I was pretty nervous with all the bad press. I filled it today with freshwater to test it and had no problems. It was born 12/05 with moonlights and thicker glass. I peeled back the cover on the second compartment to use as a fuge. Ready to start her up...

Well, I've got a '05 24g DX (1 year old today!) and I love it. I haven't heard of any real problems w/ the '06 models. Most of the cracking on the older models were the 24g's. I don't think cracking was ever a problem w/ the 12's. I'd say go for it. We have ours in the living room where we can enjoy it.

hey miamibeach1330, how r u using a chamber for a fuge? dont u need light and rock in there? and for the topic, i was just curios if u researched the aquapod.

RayWhisperer

Welcome to N-R.com Skimmer and Miami.

I'd say to be entirely sure, you'd need to wait atleast a year. Having said that, I'm w/ Doncb, I've got a 05 24 DX set up for about 8 or 9 months, no problems, aswell as a few old 12 OG's, and 1 12 DX, all fine... You could go the Aquapod route, or try the new Oceanic cube. My guess is they will all be about the same. I haven't seen the new Oceanic's personally yet, but I'm not too fond of the Aquapod(personal pref, nothing more). I've only heard of one 24 DX cracking so far.

Archived