Pod Your Reef

IPSF Rules!

SleepingUgly

SleepingUgly

As many, many people on the board have attested, Indo Pacific Sea Farms (www.ipsf.com) is as good as it gets for culturing your reef with critters, bugs, plants, etc.  I got my Mix'n'Match order today and wanted to rave about it.

First of all, their packaging is the best.  Triple-bagged, sealed in a styrofoam box, put inside a sturdy cardboard box, shipped overnight from Hawaii.

Everything was alive and well and amazing, and they included plenty of extras.   

One question, I watched a blue-leg hermit devour a large amphipod.  Is this typical?

What all did you get?  I'm planning on ordering that special in a couple weeks.

Blue leg hermits will eat whatever they can find.  I'm sure amphipods are a nummy treat to them.  :)

SleepingUgly

To Kapelakin:

I got the sandbed clams, bristleworms, nerite snails, turbo snails (they're the small kind), amphipods, live sand activator (which includes hermits and strombus snails), wonder mud (which has bristleworms in it), anthelia polyps, and red macroalgae.  I also added mama mia worms and mini brittle stars.

I would recommend all of the above, but the nerites are not acclimating well.  They may even be dead by now.

I just watched a blue-leg hermit eat a bristleworm.  Then I went to my other tank and saw a peppermint shrimp eating one, too!  I never knew they did such things!

Is this kit what you are talking about the same as a detritivore kit?

We cant get exactly what you are talking about here in England, but a fellow reefer supplies Detritivore kits for a small amount of cash and most people that recieved thier kits seem very happy.  I will be ordering one in a few weeks too.

printerdown01

Hey sleepingugly, send me an up-date on your mini-brittlestars! I am very curious about these guys! I am also wondering how well they will do in a tank with hermits (so this info will be most helpful!). -Thanks printerdown

Archived