Coral Vue Hydros

stocking a pico reef

TheBIGfish

I have a fully cycled 2.5 gallon tank. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I can stock a 2.5. I was thinking a neon goby. However neon gobies are a cleaner fish. Is there anything i can stock w/ a neon goby in a 2.5 gal?

If not what should I feed a neon goby? I've herd finely chopped ocean food through a pipette works. Any other ideas?

Personally I wouldn't put any fish in a 2.5 (but thats just me.) Not enough room, too much bioload. So two fish is way too much!

In my MB 2.5 I have a cleaner shrimp, snails, hermits, and some corals.

Fishfreak218

Any of the small gobies should work.. go to www.liveaquaria.com and look at there small goby section... i personaly like Clown Gobies.. but i recently downgraded from a 2.5g to a 1.8g Hex.. so i got rid of my Clown Goby today

Fishfreak218

i have 2 Coralife Mini's (4x9w).. so a total of 36w... I love this light BUT i reccomend the Current 12" 18w light.. http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/produc...3;pcid1=;pcid2=

i have a LOT of light on my tank.. but all my tanks have alot of light... with the 18w Current you could have softies and LPS coral.... also check out the Pico Contest to see a # of 2.5g's ..... 1 Coralife Mini IMO doesnt spread out enough light.. you would need two and 2 of them fits weird on top... anyway i have a 1.8g Hex now.. (i transfered everything from my 2.5g into the 1.8g Hex) ....its still looking really good

hth

-josh

I'm using one 10W coralife mini PC 50/50. That gives me 4 watts a gallon. Is that enough to keep some softies maybe some mushrooms and zooz?

Archived