Coral Vue Hydros

waratah anemone

adinsxq

good ######!

your experience may confirm my suspicion that they drop babies when stressed. my second store-bought one (that i'm calling beadlet) threw up three about an hour after i put it in the new tank.

cool huh?

you REALLY should feed the babies as often as possible (but it's not crucial to their survival). cyclopeeze works pretty well, especially if you keep the babies on rubble. place the rock in a dish or cup and add a good "cloud" of food. a pipet or baster works well for keeping the food in suspension. once they get to be the size of small pea, they'll take frozen mysis. good luck!

the larger ones can go for awhile without food. i haven't feed the jeremai in probably a week. i've also been experimenting with flow. high circulation is best. the anemones in lower flow zones tend to be closed more often than not. this is a highly mobile species and will walk around.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good ######!

your experience may confirm my suspicion that they drop babies when stressed. my second store-bought one (that i'm calling beadlet) threw up three about an hour after i put it in the new tank.

cool huh?

You ma'am are a cold water genius.

Yea, very very cool. The supplier had them in warmish [75] water. I may experiment with this, my reasons are twofold:

1) I don't have a chiller yet

2) I had to take it tonight because everyone in the store was buying them right out of the tanks whilst the bags were floating, despite my insistence they are are cold water.

C'est la vie.

EDIT: PS, Mine is the same one you got, Adin. The one with the blue bumps underneath the tentacles that put your old purple-y ones to shame.

the purply ones have blue "beads" too.

BUT only the adults. you'll notice the juvies are all red

Hmm.. Did your bright red one stay red, or get purple like the others? I may have missed if it did/didn't in the past pages.

I'm looking into chillers, but everything would be overkill on a nanocube [and iceprobe is out of the question since the tank is full] And for the money, I highly doubt that the ICA thing from nanocustoms will do jack.

I think swapping the stock pump cuts down on temps too. I forget if swapping to a minijet606 still cuts down on heat.

the red one (and it's offspring) is still red... didn't fade out like the other one.

for chillers i chose the current-usa over the jbj because it can drop the temperature lower.

Hmmm... I'm trying to think how I'd get that to work in a NC6 with the hood still being stock. [i.e. not removing it, or cutting the hell out of it...too much]

Yea, but the tank is full already and I really dont feel like draining it and moving everything and risking a cycle with the anemone in there now. [And risking breakage, with my luck]

I may move it closer to my window and just leave the window cracked for now until I can figure out a better plan.

Just incase I do decide to live dangerously, what bit did you use for the dremel?

Just incase I do decide to live dangerously, what bit did you use for the dremel?

I bought a whole pack at Harbor Freight... There are 50 bits for something like $20. That and a spray bottle of water, and I became a glass driller!

I can't find exactly what I have on their site, but these are in there, among many others.

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/...s&Submit=Go

Here's what I have.

DSCN0443.jpg

Ill definitely keep this in mind for when summertime hits [althought we have central air, but still] I turned my ceiling fan in my room back on, and cracked a window. Needless to say, my chinchilla loves it, and the temp in the Waratah tank is holding at 70-73. Phew.

Still wouldnt mind dropping it a few degrees.

If you do decide to drill it, and can't find the pack I have. Drop me a PM, I may be able to get you one. I have a Harbor Freight outlet store about a mile from where I work. That's where I got mine. Sometimes they have a different selection than the site.

Ok cool. I'll see what happens. Right now I'm checking around for used chillers.

I might just do a closed-loop type deal with an inlet in a back chamber, running to the pump, running to the chiller... for now. :P

I only took one, the only reason I didnt take all 3 was because

1) God forbid I do something wrong, I dont want 3 dead animals under my watch

2) They were 24$ each

3) It's only a NC6 and I am worried about feeding 3 of these in such a small space.

Photos will come when I find my camera cord :B

p.s. the jeremai has not given birth. i'm angry at her.

Don't be angry. The jeremai is rumored to not be a breeder.

Good looking nem, mfish.

is that a coolwater anemone?

its beautiful!

Yep, coolwater.

Don't be angry. The jeremai is rumored to not be a breeder.

Good looking nem, mfish.

:haha:

Thanks

Mmmkay, so I took one of the other ones home, only because the 78+ degrees at work was making it look like poo [literally]

Looks better in my tank. Ate 2 guppies and a shrimp :o

You feed it living fish or frozen?

sounds like me and my 'pet' jellyfish on holiday, fed it these weird blue fish which I now call damsels. Not my fault they shouldn't of been trapped in the rockpool should they, they were asking for it! :P

Archived