ReefCleaners.org

waratah anemone

adinsxq

Adin - For those red shrimp, Ebay = 10 for $12, so OR isn't so bad except that they refuse to ship any other way than $50-60 overnight (=2day via post office). Not to mention their notoriously awful customer service. Maybe the guy on Ebay can give you a lot deal? OR just get a culture of live mysis here: http://www.aquaculturestore.com/swinverts.html or, for that matter, some small ghost shrimp.

Iceprobes can only do like 2 degrees in a 20 gallon tank, 3-4 in a ten, 0 in more than a 25. I'd go for a Titan (5 degrees in a 20-40, if I recall right; it's still thermoelectric, e.g. Peltier, like the iceprobe, though) or a full-blown chiller. Or just keep it in your basement or closet.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never implied it was any size, big or small, just noting some info. Silly kitty.

i just fed it a fat live female guppy about 1/2 gut loaded freeze dried cyclopeeze"

squirming to the end. so fun

temperature range is now 65 night, 68 day

it was a pretty big meal...

post-1922-1142456464_thumb.jpg

the next day it spat out a little gray pellet

just fed another guppy. this one was accepted a LOT faster. instead of 10 minutes to get it down, this time was more like 3

I've seen those at the LFS for $15.00.

I've also seen them when snorkeling in Florida, must have been an introduced species.

feeding live shrimp every day was a big hit to my colony so i've switched to frozen boring mysid.

The Hawian Red is different. Where can you get the Austrailian? What stock list did you see it on?

Any one know where to get the Strawberry Anemones?

• 3 weeks later...

in case anyone's wondering

still alive, but no babies. i read somewhere they that switch to sexual reproduction at higher temperatures. the tank it's in fluctuations between 70night - 75day

x2whf4.jpg

Caesar777

Yay! Those are very nice photos. The anemone is pretty. How long have you had it, now? (It's too complicated for me to try to do math ;) )

2 months.

the lfs employee (manager) who sold it to me said ...

"it will die. i took one home and it died in under a week"

i'm a total noob but it's looking pretty OK to me. it's dulled out a little, but more than doubled in size and # of tentacles.

i won't be satisfied with my abilities as an aquarist until it has babies.

ty for all the support :P

flashback to march -

post-1922-1141948742.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 months.

the lfs employee (manager) who sold it to me said ...

"it will die. i took one home and it died in under a week"

i'm a total noob but it's looking pretty OK to me. it's dulled out a little, but more than doubled in size and # of tentacles.

i won't be satisfied with my abilities as an aquarist until it has babies.

ty for all the support :P

flashback to march -

post-1922-1141948742.jpg

Which LFS did you get your anenome from and are you willing to sell the one you have?

Brian

(so.Cal)

Archived