Coral Vue Hydros

waratah anemone

adinsxq

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There used to be a bunch in a tank at an elementary school here in Las Vegas - who knows if they're still there. All I know, they're cold-water anemone's from Australia.

I lied, these were anemones from San Diego, not waratahs (Actinia tenebrosa). Still, though - cold water. Maybe that'll be the next tank I set up :)

What's so special about them, out of curiosity? I googled them and saw some plain reddish anemones.

Yeah, like those Akyindo clowns, they're the coolest $75 thing since, um, no.

That's for not answering my post in the feedback forum. :angry:

:happydance::grouphug: ihu, adiny-poo!

I think what makes them cool is that they are Blood Red, And spit babys out of their mouth. :)

I remember a couple UK guys had them.

I think what makes them cool is that they are Blood Red, And spit babys out of their mouth. :)
that reminds me of my ex-gf. <sigh>

The strawberries are awesome... you need to see them in person to get how cool the coloration is. Probably the same for the waratahs, but strawberries are easier to get. Just go down to La Jolla and pray no one sees you...

about the size of a quarter

here's a slightly more interesting angle. the stocklist called it a "singapore anemone." the whole waratah ID is just my guess based on its form, size, dark maroon foot. anyone want to confirm?

post-1922-1141963394_thumb.jpg

Everytime I see a thread like this, I want to start a cold water tank... solid, insulated sides, acrylic front viewing panel. Maybe 40 or 50 gallons, shallow and deep, with T5's, and these anemones, some Catalina gobies... ah, dreaming... :)

You have a SW tank?

Very nice anemone... there is an LFS by me that has these from time to time, they sell them as "Australian" anemones. I almost got a freebe that was attached to a turbo snail I bought from them... they noticed just before it got rung up. ..probably for the best, I was just setting up my tank at the time and probably would have killed it and they are temperate anyway, right?

temperate yes... but i'm not running it too cool (72F). seems okay. waiting for someone post an iceprobe with controller in the classifieds. in the meantime i'm looking for hawiian red shrimp (Halocaridina rubra) to add for movement and anemone feed. i really don't want to buy 100 from oceanrider though (so the search continues)

Archived