Innovative Marine Aquariums

1.2g custom (by me)

hemi

I have built a 1.2g soon to bee reef.It started life as a 2.5g AGA but I busted out one of the panels. :o So I decided to buy a glass cutter and mod the tank.I cut the tank down.It is now 12"long 6"wide and 4"tall.I built a in tank overflow to hold some of the unsightly stuff.The overflow holds .2g so the main tank is 1g.

78ddb79b.jpg

1.jpg

I still have a lot to do to this tank.The pics are just freshwater to test the tank.If anyone has any ideas for me just let me know.

I have built a 1.2g soon to bee reef.It started life as a 2.5g AGA but I busted out one of the panels. :o So I decided to buy a glass cutter and mod the tank.I cut the tank down.It is now 12"long 6"wide and 4"tall.I built a in tank overflow to hold some of the unsightly stuff.The overflow holds .2g so the main tank is 1g.

78ddb79b.jpg

1.jpg

I still have a lot to do to this tank.The pics are just freshwater to test the tank.If anyone has any ideas for me just let me know.

Filter? Powerhead? I wonder what kind of lighting you will use?

Looks really cool... can you explain your overfolw and filtration a bit more... and as ModemMan said... what lighting are you plannin' on? Looks like this will be an excellent pico... very clever.

The overflow/sump area I cut the glass to be at the edge of the top trim plate.So the water does a waterfall type flow into the O/S.The powerhead is from a small deceration fountian.I think I will add a divider to the O/S for a very small fuge.The light is going to be anywhere from 2-4 13w PC bulbs I have laying around and a couple of computer fans to cool them down.

I dont think the scapeing will be hard because I plan on useing very small rocks to make it look to size.I will only go with lower profile corals like shrooms athelia stars buttons and others like that.

I have had it running with the freshwater all day and the top temp W/O lights is 75.1.The evap. was only 1/4 cup of water with open top.I do plan on covering the top to shorten water top off amounts.

I still need to black out the overflow and the back of the tank.If I can ever decide on the color I want to put on it.

I forgot to add the powerhead has a tee on it with airline tubes running along the inside top frame to the front of the tank.They meet in the front of the tank.the right tube shots to the back left of the tank and the left tube shots water to the right back of tank. I added some fish food to the tank just to see the flow and it does have some go through out the tank fairly well.

looks like a very interesting project indeed. ^_^ are you going to build a base/hood combo or anything like that? good luck.

latez

I have been tring to get a shot of the tank ,But this bumb webcam just shows a white shot in the middle of the tank.I will keep tring to get one for you guys.

Archived