ReefCleaners.org

another lighting question on a 10 gal

jcatblum

I am currently running to 65 w PC's on my 10---but I am soon adding 70 w MH. What should I do with the PC's? I thought about just running the MH for 3 hours a day, and keeping the PC's. Or running the MH 6-8 hours, and keeping 1 of the PC's on the "display" tank, and putting the other on the fuge. Any thoughts? As far as what I will be keeping right now all I have is Zoos, but will soon be adding some hard corals.

I am currently running to 65 w PC's on my 10---but I am soon adding 70 w MH. What should I do with the PC's? I thought about just running the MH for 3 hours a day, and keeping the PC's. Or running the MH 6-8 hours, and keeping 1 of the PC's on the "display" tank, and putting the other on the fuge. Any thoughts? As far as what I will be keeping right now all I have is Zoos, but will soon be adding some hard corals.

get a 10k bulb for the 70w de and get actinic for the pc. i would run the pc an hour before and an hour after the 70w turn on/off. i would run the mh for 8hr.

How do you run a 65 watt on a 10 gal ....aren't they too long for the tank???A 70 MH by itself should be enuf for softies and LPS on 10 gal... why would you need 200 watts???

My hubby built my stand and canopy to make up for the extra length of the light. The light is only 4 inches longer than the tank (that includes the length of the reflector), so I have 4 inches of pretty trim work (2 inches on each side)---just to help it look clean. No one would ever know that the lights are longer than the tank--unless they lifted the hood.

The only reason I went with the PC's is I was able to get a used retro fit(with bulbs and reflectors) I only paid $50 for complete retrofits!!!

That was a very good idea he had ...otherwise it would look kinda silly...LOL

and good deal on the retrofits, they usually are alot more than that....

Wow, you coulda just went on Dr Fosters or hellolights, and bought on of there CF hoods, im getting one thats gonna be 80 watts altogether, with a moonlight for 100$

Archived