SaltCritters.com

One month 12 gallon aquapod....

spankey

Here are two shots of my new 12 gallon aquapod that I set up in my babies nursery...

Actinics

Aaquapodactinic855x642.jpg

All lights on

Aquapod855x642.jpg

:)Enjoy......

Coments anyone? Suggestions.

Right now just a bi-colored blenny. I am adding a clarki clown this weekend. That will be the basic fish load. Just the two. Wish I could think of a different fish besides the clown that would get along with the blenny. I like fire fish, but am afraid they would fight? Who knows....

Any suggestions!

Thanks

Spankey

• 3 weeks later...

Any trouble with the bicolor blenny and the clown interacting together? I've heard that bicolors should really have more room than that, but if there's a shot at getting away with one in a 10 that's lightly stocked, I'll take the risk because I really love the personality of the fish.

couple questions. do u have the stock lighting? 2x27w? just like cwby416 asked. do u have the stock pump in the last chamber? upgraded? to what? hows that rio 200 work? recommend for mine? wat do u have in all ur chambers?

srry for all the questions but i just want to no cuz i plan on setting my 12g aquapod somewhat like that.

THANX

rleon3003,

I put the MJ1200 in my last chamber and love the amount of flow, just need a y connector to dispurse the water out. it just fit in perfectly, no mod needed

Thanks guys. I have even more rockwork and corals added to the tank since these pics. I also have added two saddleback clowns that were gifts to me from a buddy that tore down his system.

I still have the stock lighting. I am still running the stock pump. I swapped it out for a MJ1200 but it was WAY too much current. A 900 would be a tad better but if there was a way to split the current like the "Y" Suggestion, this would work better.....

I have chaeto and culupra in the first and second chamber. My heater is in the third...

I cut the black backing off the tank and placed a 6500k daylight bulb back there that comes on at night to keep the PH more stable.

As for the RIO, I ditched it. It raised my temp by 2 degrees.... As soon as I pulled it out, the tank dropped from 83 to 81. Now to replace the stock central pump to a MJ900 and that should drop it down even more from what Ike from Current states....

I will post pics of the new scapework this weekend.... Thanks again for the comments..

OH yeah the blenny is getting along great with the saddle's...

Spankey!

Now to replace the stock central pump to a MJ900 and that should drop it down even more from what Ike from Current states....

That's exactly what I did. I got a 4 degree temp drop when I did - from 80 to 76.

Looking good btw!

Archived