Innovative Marine Aquariums

ball park range for 30g

scarf_ace1981

scarf_ace1981

when i got my clean up crew they were intended for a 10g but are now in a 30g.

i wasn't sure on the numbers so i got:

6 nass

2 scarlet hermits

3 dwarf blue leg hermits

2 astrea or turbos?

i added T5 to the tank and the algae is rapidly growing. i have cut down the lights to 10-6hrs. should i add more snails?

What kind of water do you top off with? RO/DI? Have you tested for phosphate? Obviously more cleaners (Mexican Turbos are great grazers) will help get rid of the algae, but certainly investigate the food source for the extra growth.

geekreef_05

Yah, add more snails. Specially if your starting to see an algae issue happening, definately. It may help to curve your algae problem.

If this is your only clean up crew, Id suggest 10-15 more snails, depending on their size/species and the amount of LR you have.

happy reefin'

scarf_ace1981

yes i top off w/ ro/di. i think i may have been adding too much cyclopeeze at some time. my skimmer should be here today. woo hoo!

10-15 more snails. ok. i don't know if my turbos are just that or astrea. i would like some cerith, nerite, turbos and estrea but my LFS is very limited in snails. i'll have to do some hunting.

Is it Cyano? If so buy a ton of those cheap black nassrius snails from ebay...I bought 50 of them and havent had cyano since...Best $10 I have ever spent

scarf_ace1981

no cyano problems for now. just regular green algae on LR. i did buy some frags w/ green bubble algae. but i'll just siphon those off.

Ive been getting some Cyano this past week, so I moved my powerhead a bit and threw 4 nassarius in last night. 3" patch of red crap on the sand last night....GONE!

In my 30g tank for my cleanup crew i have 32 snails (about 29 now) and 15 blue legs and 2 scarlets hermit crabs. They are doing an awseome job on my cyano!!! Almost all gone.

Archived