SaltCritters.com

How often do you feed your fish?

Fanof49ASU

I have 2 green chromis and a clown (false perc., and will be adding another one in a day or so), and I keep reading about feeding them 2 times a day. Other fish are recommended for 3 feedings.

I've been feeding once a day....is this wrong?

I guess that I should clarify my post.....I can't find the edit option.

The above fish are in my aquarium at home (30g). I'm setting up a 12g Nano at my office this weekend. I assume the feeding schedules would be the same for both sized aquariums?

fluidimagery

I actually have the same question....

Right now I feed my fish a bit of cyclopeeze every other day to limit the amount of excess nutrients in the tank. Everyone seems to be healthy, they have tons of pods etc to munch on if they get hungry.

I have 2 green chromis and a clown (false perc., and will be adding another one in a day or so), and I keep reading about feeding them 2 times a day. Other fish are recommended for 3 feedings.

I've been feeding once a day....is this wrong?

I guess that I should clarify my post.....I can't find the edit option.

The above fish are in my aquarium at home (30g). I'm setting up a 12g Nano at my office this weekend. I assume the feeding schedules would be the same for both sized aquariums?

You'll have people swear by 1-2 times a week. Seriously unless you cycle and leave your tank barren for 6 months to a year and your pod population is quite large then feeding at least once a day I believe is the minimum for healthy livestock. I feed very small twice a day. I break up 3 tetra min pro crisps or 6 hikari S marine pellets in the morning. Before I go to work late in the afternoon is the frozen portion. Cyclo-p, omega brine/soaked in selcon or zoe, emerald cuisine, marine delight, and once a week will be the heavy feed of formula one that I mince to little bits. NO3 is 5-10 w/ a skimmerless system. Usually feed the cyclo 3 times a week thats when I feed my corals.

for some days, pellets(2 times) and frozen brine shrimp(once)

for some other days, forzen brine shrimps(twice)

and other days ,pellets(4 times)

I have koran angel, maroon clown and panther grouper.

Archived