inTank Media Baskets

want to get a cube, which one?

Iveman

i got started with mini reefs on a 1/2 gal red sea deco art tank. its ok but i want to add more corals so its time for a larger tank. now i LOVE the nano set up, but im not sure if i should go with a 6 or 12. i dotn want larger than 12 thats for sure. but ive seen some that are as low $99 for a 12 gal and other that are over $150. whats the dif between the nano 6, 12, and 12 deluxe? any stories or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

My Nano is fine man as well as many others I know. I think it's a hit or miss with the crack issue.

Also the 12 gallon tanks have a lower crack rate than the 24 gallon because they used the same glass in all models and of course the 24 is bigger so the glass is stretched thinner!

If I were you I would go with the 12 gallon Deluxe model over any of the others. It's perfect space and lighting for a nice Mini-Reef!

Just my 2 cents!

i got started with mini reefs on a 1/2 gal red sea deco art tank. its ok but i want to add more corals so its time for a larger tank. now i LOVE the nano set up, but im not sure if i should go with a 6 or 12. i dotn want larger than 12 thats for sure. but ive seen some that are as low $99 for a 12 gal and other that are over $150. whats the dif between the nano 6, 12, and 12 deluxe? any stories or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Might want to check out the Finnex M-Tank. It's acrylic though. I have a Jalli (or ASM) 30g cube that is very nice...

Nanocubes crack and break....Id look into a small custom cube

All glass tanks can crack and break. I had an AGA 10 gallon split right across the back. The 12G Nano Cubes have never had a huge problems with cracking. It's only the 24Gs that had the problem, which has supposedly been fixed for the 2006 model year cubes.

I don't want to start bashing anyone but I am sick of people shooting off their mouths when JBJ comes up. The only tank that had a recognoized issue was the older 24G JBJ. The 6 and 12 have been as, or more, reliable than any other tank of similar bent glass construction.

If you want to buy a tank that is barely competitive with JBJs old generation tanks, has electrical wiring problems, a recently revealed heat issue with fluorescent lighting, and thinner glass, go ahead and buy an Aquapod.

If you want one hell of a kick ass tank with an amazing hood, a plethora of lighting and other upgrades, get the Nanocube. I recommend the 12DX with the Nanocustoms 4.24 upgrade for coral keeping.

Archived