Innovative Marine Aquariums

24 gal reef w/ oc. clown, red firefish... what should the last fish be?

horseflesh

I reckon I can add one more fish to my NC24. I have soft and LPS corals, one cleaner shrimp, one RBTA, and an ocellaris clownfish.

I would prefer a fish that is really colorful, peaceful, and ideally an omnivore so I don't have to start feeding nori. Affordable is a plus too. :)

Too bad the wrasses can be so mean, I love the way they look. Time for another tank I guess!

keep an eye on your rbta if you have stock lighting. why not pair your clown?

I thought about pairing the clown but I decided I wanted variety even more. :) And I am keeping a close eye on my RBTA for sure.

Isn't a sixline wrasse a little less than 100% invert safe? I'd hate to lose my cleaner shrimp. If that's unlikely than it's probably the top contender, I love the way they look.

Thanks everyone.

ps this shopping site has a page of allegedly reef-safe wrasses. nice photos.

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/wrassereefsafe/

DEFINATELY get a diadema gramma! (pseudochromis diadema!!!)

They are BRIGHT fluorescent yellow, with an even more flourescent purple back!...They are reef freindly, cheap (like $25.00), colourful, do well with clowns, and are VERY easy to feed anything too! Im going to get one for my 15gallon as well as an occellaris, and a green chromis to add as my first fishie! (chromis 1st, then clown 3 weeks after, then diadema 3 weeks after that)...

Flick

I reckon I can add one more fish to my NC24. I have soft and LPS corals, one cleaner shrimp, one RBTA, and an ocellaris clownfish.

I would prefer a fish that is really colorful, peaceful, and ideally an omnivore so I don't have to start feeding nori. Affordable is a plus too. :)

Too bad the wrasses can be so mean, I love the way they look. Time for another tank I guess!

I have a clown and a firefish as well. I added a High Fin Cardinal a few weeks ago and they all seen to get along great. The Cardinal never seems to sleep, so he's a good companion for the clown. Firefish sleeps 12-14 hours a night.

Robb

I hit the LFS after work, looked at all the options, and chose a six-line wrasse. Thanks everyone. :)

Archived