Clown Didn't Make It

cpnraisnuts

I had two clowns in my 12g cube for about 2 weeks. About 3 days ago I noticed white stringy feces from my smaller clown. Then yesterday morning my wife found him on the bottom of the tank. He never really ate since I brought him home, but the other clown did. I was feeding them brine about every 3 days. My water levels are perfect and I do water changes once a week. After searching the forums I found that he might have had internal parasites or constipation, but I'm not sure which. I tried feeding my other clown yesterday, who normally eats and he would not eat. I just need some help to try to figure out whats going on. I called my LFS yesterday and told them what happened and he said that since I had the fish for two weeks it could not be parasites that killed him. He said if the fish had parasites from the store he would have died in a matter of days. The LFS also has no guarantee on their saltwater fish. I would post the name of the LFS, but I don't know if it is allowed on this forum. :tears:

-Steve

Archived