Pod Your Reef

Pheonix 14K

robitreef

I'm not sure if your main concern is color, but it's really the ballast that will make a difference with the Phoenix 14K. If you run an electronic ballast it will burn a bit more blue. If you run an hqi ballast it burns a bit more white with a hint of blue. It's a nice looking bulb either way. You won't need actinics to suppliment and it has good PAR.

I'm not sure if your main concern is color, but it's really the ballast that will make a difference with the Phoenix 14K. If you run an electronic ballast it will burn a bit more blue. If you run an hqi ballast it burns a bit more white with a hint of blue. It's a nice looking bulb either way. You won't need actinics to suppliment and it has good PAR.

I plan on running an HQI ballast, and that is exactly the color I am looking for white with a hint of blue. I saw a Phoenix 150 at a LFS but it looked bluer then the 250. I will have to ask what ballast it is being run on.

Andykee:

If you have some pics you can post, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mine started out pretty blue on the Aqua Medic HQI ballast, but burned in more white over time. That could be a factor as well. I was running 250's, but you would think they would burn pretty much the same color? You won't be dissapointed with the bulbs no matter what ballast you run.

Archived