Jamie

.3 gallon pico

Jamie

I just set up a .3 gallon pico (yes I know im copying tigah) but I was wondering what to put in it. I was thinkin along the lines of some soft coral and a cool invert. I would like a fish but unless someone knows of a fish that small enough that's not going to happen. Pictures to come later.

andykee

well, since it is tough to keep stellar water quality in such a small tank, try some zoos and shrooms. maybe a snail or 2 and you'll be all set! what are you doing for circulation and lighting?

shivametimbas

get a new plan

andykee
get a new plan

well yeah, that too...

i guess i shuld have asked if this was a long term project or a short term joke...

shivametimbas

joke, regardless.

Jamie

It's not anything that is going to need any additional work. I just think it's cool. I already had all of the stuff. Lighting=25 w 50/50 Flow= It'sa tiny pump I think it's called reptiflow. It goes inside a waterfall made for reptile cages.

Daemonfly

I seriously hope you're not going to use a cd spindle lid...

If it's an actual tank or glass/acrylic enclosure, then go for it. If it really is a CD spindle, then go ahead & do it, post a thread, and we'll make fun of it like the other guy that thought it was a good idea to copy Tigah's obvious JOKE.

Jamie

no it's not a cd case. It's a glass vase.

brent-konieczny

If you seriously do this remember in a small tank any kind of pump can raise water temp quite a bit. In my one gallon the temp goes up as the water goes down. My tiny pump alone keeps it 76-78.

Daemonfly
no it's not a cd case. It's a glass vase.

Ah, good ;)

Above post is correct about the pump heat. The other main problem is just due to size, water conditions can change fast. If you dose anything, which I don't recommend, you have to be very careful with ammount. Evap can happen quickly and cause salinity swings.

Just do an easy coral, and you may get away with a small invert, like a small hermit crab or a sexy shrimp. No fish.

rickjg

plumb it to a 10g fuge