Coral Vue Hydros

Has anyone seen the Via Aqua Tanks

pandabehr

I was at a LFS store in Annandale Virginia and I saw a really cool tank. It was made by Via Aqua. I think it was a ten gallon. It had a built in filter system, better than the eclipse hoods. It seemed really attractive. It has two 15 watt no flourecents in the hood .It seems to have enough space to retrofit 2 x 32 watts.

Does anyone know anything about Via Aqua?

i have the via aqua 26 gallon and it is really nice.  im not using any of the stock filtration though.   i have seen the 10 and they make an 11.  the eleven has an open top with the lights suspended above and the ten has a little light hood on it.  they are nice tanks though.  the one with the open top might have alot of salt creep though.  they are glass so they arent going to scratch easy wich is a huge plus.  i use a magnetic cleaner on mine.

(Edited by mxpro32 at 7:09 am on May 21, 2002)

i actually saw a tank made by cpr it had a builtin bac pac in the back it has a built in sump with skimmer and comes with hood  that can easly be retrofitted and i think it comes in a 12 ad a 25 gal  the 12 is  a cube tank and the 20 is kinda square but i wouldent mind  having one the are cool u can see them at www.cprusa.com

(Edited by Cam barr at 9:52 am on May 21, 2002)

they make them from time to time and currently are not producing them but when they do produce them they can easily be fitted with a 2x36 w

funny you ask cuz i just saw one at some guys house I was doing a job at (no i'm not a gigolo).  It was 11 gallon i believe, it looked pretty cool (funky orangish trim) but they're glass so i'd stay away from it personally, not to mention for what he paid you could build your own acrylic system for cheaper.  He wasn't very "chatty" about his tank unfortunately, maybe it was his wifes

FYI:  Commidity axis is comming out with a HANG ON SKIMMER/WHISPER overflow style HOB that was AESOME ! I saw it at FPMA BACKER show in NJ a month ago. They also have a sweet WAVE MAKER ATTACHMENT similar to the front of a POWERSWEEP by ZoMed. it should retail fer aroiund 14.00 and will be awesome to set up on gang valves with a bunch of them.... Ill post a pic asap when I get my prototypes....

I have the Via Aqua 12 gallon (i think).  It is a great looking tank.  There are a couple of LFS that sell them in Santa Barbara.  They go for around $175.00 with lights.  Not too bad of a deal.  I have also seen some of the larger Via Aqua tanks in the same LFS.  They are very nice also, tho the lighting doesn't look adequate.

ksatterwhite

I finally talked my LFS in Houston to try and sell just the set-up w/o all the livestock (the were just setting up a single display with livestock and selling them for $500 - $750 each).  But, they want $220 for them.  I think that's a kind of high.  I'm hoping to see them on the net soon.  Or, maybe another LFS in the area will start selling them a bit cheaper.

Keith

Archived