Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Good sites for corals and invertebraes?

cmoreash

LIke I said, I was wondering if any of you guys know of some reliable sites that have good deals on invertebraes and corals.   They charge way too much at my LFS.   Well, thanks for any help.  :)

actually, i didn't think of that.  am i able to mix them or not?  I know some corals are bad, but i haven't gotten into that to much yet.

oh yea, about the site, whatever you know of thats good.

I was going to suggest a good SPS guy but sounds like that isn't what you need right now. The problem with ordering off the web is that shipping water is expensive. to stock a nano it wouldn't be economical in most cases. If you could get a buddy to split a box with you it helps greatly. Try and find package deals from the dealers they are usually inexpensive. Dr. Mac has some nice stonies, For softies you could go through Marine depot live I have been told they ship securely and promptly and that thier specimens are healthy. I usually buy locally or trade softies so I have no expierience with online venders. If you ever want SPS Rod Beuhler has some great morphs and deals at Rodsreef.com

HTH,

Toy

I need to stock up a 29 gallon tank, Toy, so I probably need a whole box myself.  My friend is gonna set up a 10 gallon nano too, so I could sorta share an order.

Either way, it still is cheaper ordering online.  I just got back from moseying around some stores looking at prices.  small button poylps for $60!!!!!!!!!!  The horror!!!!

So, you still know some good sites? ;)

(Edited by cmoreash at 8:17 pm on May 23, 2002)

For really nice specimens, I've had good luck with www.premiumaquatics.com

I haven't ordered from them, but have heard that www.exoticfish.com is pretty good.  They have a 9 for $99 deal that gives you a large variety of corals to choos from, so you could get 9 corals for about $150 with shipping.  www.tropicorium.com also sells a 9 for $99 deal that is mainly captive propogated softie frags.

HTH

marinescene.com i think... the store is marine scene, they are close to my house, have some of the nicest corals ive ever scene... coral is mostly what they sell.  

Do what I do.... buy little stray mushrooms and polyps that have fallen to the bottom of the display tanks in the LFS.  I made my own 3 color mushroom rock for $20, orange polyps and brown polyps for $10, and a really nice candycane polyp for $2.  You may not be able to get all the corals you would like, but its handy especially if you are trying corals for the first time.

Archived