inTank Media Baskets

LFS in Los Angeles area

roxy25

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Paul, have you been to/heard of Tropical Reef Oasis on Main st. in Alhmabra? Looks like an awesome shop from looking through the windows, but I dunno if it's open yet or not... Supposed to be the best reef/coral shop in So. Cali they say.

so does the tongs on vermont have a decent coral selection at all?

Its better than Fumis thats I all i have to say lol

its an nice shop on the inside , like cesar said they have regular corals they have healthy fish its clean tanks. they have a huge tank filled with chaeto and its connected to all the sw tanks.

is super ghetto though ( on the outside) , if I go again I may need a few of you guys to come with me, because my sister and I were getting hounded by guys :rolleyes:

Even if ghetto, it still sounds closer to me than even the Whittier location, hmm... How do they compare to Tong's other locations?

Hey Paul, have you been to/heard of Tropical Reef Oasis on Main st. in Alhmabra? Looks like an awesome shop from looking through the windows, but I dunno if it's open yet or not... Supposed to be the best reef/coral shop in So. Cali they say.

i've heard of it but i've never been. This thread is opening my eyes to just how many lfs we have nearby. I really need to try tropical oasis if it opens up and also the vermont tongs.

This one may be a bit far, but the I go to is Neptune's Reef in Torrance. Very helpful employees with a good slection. Maybe a bit pricy but its worth it.

I go there too.

Vivid Aquariums is pretty cool in the valley.

Jims Exotic Fish is like Neptunes, good but pricey

Tropical Reef Oasis:

1117 E. Main St.

Alhambra, California 91801

Current store hours:

Tuesday ~ Friday 6~9pm

Saturdays 2~6pm (Non-Road Trip days, call to check)

Sunday~Monday - By Appointment Only

Even if ghetto, it still sounds closer to me than even the Whittier location, hmm... How do they compare to Tong's other locations?

I havent been to any other tongs but I was impressed on how it looked inside , I was expecting crappy fish etc.....

he had a cool set up with baby barracudas

I might go tomorrow to see if they have a cleaner shrimp

Tropical Reef Oasis:

1117 E. Main St.

Alhambra, California 91801

Current store hours:

Tuesday ~ Friday 6~9pm

Saturdays 2~6pm (Non-Road Trip days, call to check)

Sunday~Monday - By Appointment Only

I've sene the hours, haven't called yet though. I stopped by once on a saturday, it was closed up but it was about 5pm... I also stopped by around 5pm one my way home fro mwork one day on a tuesday and it was all closed up... =/ That's why I assumed it maybe wasn't open yet. Have you been to their store Asin?

I havent been to any other tongs but I was impressed on how it looked inside , I was expecting crappy fish etc.....

he had a cool set up with baby barracudas

I might go tomorrow to see if they have a cleaner shrimp

I can imagine, I've been to some I thought would be nice, and they weren't, and then of course vice versa. The other 2 Tongs are pretty nice, I like both locations between Whittier and Fountain Valley. I bought my cleaning crew from the Whittier store. Wow, baby Cudas though?? That's crazy! For the shrimp depending on your options for where you can go to get one, price them out. I got mine from Petco of all places and it was only $15.99. Most LFS's are into the low to mid $20's for scarlet skunks. The one I have is doing great and has molted once already since I've had it. I have a jawfish on order from them right now as well.

I've sene the hours, haven't called yet though. I stopped by once on a saturday, it was closed up but it was about 5pm... I also stopped by around 5pm one my way home fro mwork one day on a tuesday and it was all closed up... =/ That's why I assumed it maybe wasn't open yet. Have you been to their store Asin?

I can imagine, I've been to some I thought would be nice, and they weren't, and then of course vice versa. The other 2 Tongs are pretty nice, I like both locations between Whittier and Fountain Valley. I bought my cleaning crew from the Whittier store. Wow, baby Cudas though?? That's crazy! For the shrimp depending on your options for where you can go to get one, price them out. I got mine from Petco of all places and it was only $15.99. Most LFS's are into the low to mid $20's for scarlet skunks. The one I have is doing great and has molted once already since I've had it. I have a jawfish on order from them right now as well.

yes he had some very unusal fish in that tank with the cudas, and his fresh water selection was not that bad either. he had the biggest red tail cat fish I have ever seen, you can feed him for a dollar lol

I think I will go today after I go to lunch with my friend.

also all k-town people if you go to a LFS on vermont and san marino ( james M. Wood st ) you should check it out if you want to get something cheap. they have a cream colored frog fish for 20 dollars ( dont quote me this guy on RC said that) I walked down there yesterday and they have a very tiny selection. they had true percs and false, and of course the frogfish

If you do go, let us know how it is. Like I said, looks like an awesome shop from the outside looking in! Oh, the building isn't marked in any way other than the address numbers being on the outside, so it's real easy to pass up and miss (Reef Oasis that is).

I haven't been inside Reef Oasis, yet. But, I believe I've passed by and seen it open, but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't tried calling, yet. Has anyone tried calling them?

It does look awesome, though.

i'm a guy, sorry for the confusion?

yes, visually confirmed. lol

hey adin, i might stop by reefhotspot tomorrow during lunch.

:o WOW. I was just double checking their website and man do they have some nice stuff for sale there. I need to really go check them out. They are only 3 miles away from my office too.
if you make a purchase... be sure to tell them about NR :P

Oh yes. Im going to tell them the only reason I found out about them is because they are on nano-reef. B)

if you make a purchase... be sure to tell them about NR :P

Oh yes. Im going to tell them the only reason I found out about them is because they are on nano-reef. B)

whats nano-reef? :lol:

cool thread i am gonna have to take a trip and hit as many as I can

So yesterday, I went to Reef Oasis at 7pm and they were still locked up. I guess they're remodeling or something but I wish they'd put a sign up letting us know when they're going to be back in business or post it on their website at least. :(

I found 3 more aquarium spots to check out.

one is on la brea and collesium , another on santa monica and ____ ( not oranda aquarium tho) and another on western.

I will try to go today to the one on western and the one on santa monica

Archived