Top Shelf Aquatics

LFS in Los Angeles area

roxy25

I bought me an onyx and a regular perc . I will post pics this weekend in my thread.

Man its a long story that happened between two clowns that loved each other LMAO more of the story in my thread

Hey Roxy where did you find an Onyx Clown local? I've been looking for a pair.

Oh and sorry, you have a link to your thread? I can't seem to find it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Roxy where did you find an Onyx Clown local? I've been looking for a pair.

Oh and sorry, you have a link to your thread? I can't seem to find it.

I didn't even type the story yet lol its up now it should be the first in the members forum

I haven't seen Onyx pairs around LA (not that I've been looking anyways) but I have seen singles here and there...

How's Jeff's? I'm going to pick up a Jawfish from there (the Torrance location) this weekend, I'm stoked my first fish now that I have my heat issues all resolvedand my ICA working nicely.

I was at Jeff's this afternoon and didn't see any jawfish.

They had some nice blue carpets that I know some folks are after and a batch of croceas.

Plan on hitting up my new fav store, Reefhotspot, this weekend.

Cesar, Ed should have some (Fridmani) ask him on the onyx pair.

and Tony, i'm talking about Yo's aquarium.

Thanks for the look out EZ. Im going to PM him to see what kind of deal he has for a pair.

I haven't seen Onyx pairs around LA (not that I've been looking anyways) but I have seen singles here and there...

How's Jeff's? I'm going to pick up a Jawfish from there (the Torrance location) this weekend, I'm stoked my first fish now that I have my heat issues all resolvedand my ICA working nicely.

I went to jeffs years ago its a nice shop.

they have 2 locations?

Cesar, Ed should have some (Fridmani) ask him on the onyx pair.

and Tony, i'm talking about Yo's aquarium.

have you been to yo's ?

they have 2 locations?

have you been to yo's ?

Me? No. Where is it?

they have 2 locations?

have you been to yo's ?

They have 3 now. The original in Torrance, one in Orange, and a new one in Costa Mesa.

Torrance has been clean out of jawfish period for a week or so, and the same with the Orange location. :(

And yup of course I've heard of PTF (Pasadena Tropical Fish. That's where I got my AP12g from on sale as wel as a couple other supplies. I'd say 90-95% of their livestock is healthy, but you will see a dead fish or two on occasions, nothing that's alarmed me though. They usually have a pretty decent fish selection, and they have 5 NICE reef tanks as well, 3 in the front and 2 in the far back on the right side. And if it says anything about their livestock (or L/R at least) I bought all 15lbs. of my Fiji Premium I have from PTF, and it was cured enough that it only took ONE week to cycle in my tank before I was ready to add my cleaning crew. Not too shabby! B)

They have 3 now. The original in Torrance, one in Orange, and a new one in Costa Mesa.

Torrance has been clean out of jawfish period for a week or so, and the same with the Orange location. :(

And yup of course I've heard of PTF (Pasadena Tropical Fish. That's where I got my AP12g from on sale as wel as a couple other supplies. I'd say 90-95% of their livestock is healthy, but you will see a dead fish or two on occasions, nothing that's alarmed me though. They usually have a pretty decent fish selection, and they have 5 NICE reef tanks as well, 3 in the front and 2 in the far back on the right side. And if it says anything about their livestock (or L/R at least) I bought all 15lbs. of my Fiji Premium I have from PTF, and it was cured enough that it only took ONE week to cycle in my tank before I was ready to add my cleaning crew. Not too shabby! B)

the only reason I asked about jeffs is that the only location I know of is in Gardena not torrance its at the tip of gardena and the tip of carson . my cousin lives right down the street from them and she lives in Carson

its also on the same street the animal shelter is located ( which I adopted a dog from before lol)

the only reason I asked about jeffs is that the only location I know of is in Gardena not torrance its at the tip of gardena and the tip of carson . my cousin lives right down the street from them and she lives in Carson

its also on the same street the animal shelter is located ( which I adopted a dog from before lol)

My mistake, I meant Gardena, not Torrance.... I was thinking of some other LFS mentioned here in Torrance. :-x

My mistake, I meant Gardena, not Torrance.... I was thinking of some other LFS mentioned here in Torrance. :-x

did you go ?

if so how was it ?

I know how stores change over the years lol

I wouldn't buy anything but a clownfish from ptf. I go there almost once a week and the only things that survive long term are the true percs there.

The coral is great though.....

I wouldn't buy anything but a clownfish from ptf. I go there almost once a week and the only things that survive long term are the true percs there.

The coral is great though.....

Good looking out John, I *ALMOST* bought a blue spooted jawfish from there this weekend for $70. I'd be upset if I had gotten it and it didn't survive. How about coral, is that in the same boat, or not comparable? I got a 5-head candy cane from PTF this weekend.

Anywho, Roxy, I didn't end up stopping by Jeff's even though I was nearby, mainly not knowing exactly where it was at from where I was (I was near 182nd and Normandie). But I'll definitely go check it out one of the next few weekends here, I just hate the traffic to get there and come bacl home to San Gabriel... *sigh* I still love Tongs and Strictly Fish though!! And there's an AWESOME LFS in Lahambra near where I live called Tropical Reef Oasis, but I don't think they are open yet. They have a HUGE frag/reef tank in the back I can see with enormous MH lights above it and cool air being piped in via metal ducting to over the lights to cool them down. This store looks top notch though from what I can tell. Anyone know about or been to this place??

I too have been looking for a good lfs. I have driven at least a half an hour in every direction, I live on the westside. I found a place not too far from me that by far has the cleanest and largest selection I have been to. They also have a website.

reefhotspot.com

I havent' bought anything there yet, I am in the process of setting up a 24gallon AP with a sunpod. I am going there for my LR, and any corals or fish. Check them out when you get a chance. I think they are open till 7.

reefhotspot.com

I just checked out there site. Pretty cool. Prices are not that bad either. It's cool that they have True Percs. I haven't seen those in a LFS in a while.

Yeah it was pretty nice. The guy working there was cool. Adinsxq kept blanking out cause he wanted this little itty bitty butterfly fish and couldn't get his mind off it to help me pick out some coral... :angry:

stopped by on friday with juin21. cool place
so does the tongs on vermont have a decent coral selection at all?

There's a Tongs on Vermont?? How many locations do they have now? Well Paul, coral wise PTF was (still is?) having a big frag/coral sale as I discovered last week upon a visit to there. Saw some nice blastos i almost picked up, but "settled" on a 5-head candy cane instead for $34... They had some other nice stuff in stock though, many nice things for $30 and $40 as well as nice zoa colonies.

yeah. i was just there on sat. and picked up a small zoo frag for $10. Awesome score IMO. Saw the blastos and was tempted but I dont ahve much room in my tank as it is so i held off. hehe.

but going back to the original question, does anyone know if they have corals at tongs vermont?

so does the tongs on vermont have a decent coral selection at all?

They have some nice coral there. Nothing out of this world though. Only thing I dont like, it's in the middle of the ghetto dude. Vernon and Vermont.

ghettos of the ghettos of the ghettos of the ghettos...

watch your car when you park there, and park it as close as possible to the shop entrance.

Archived