Top Shelf Aquatics

What should I feed 2 false percs?

Djm9288

IM going to get 2 false percs within this month, and before i do, i want to know what I should feed them and how often. I want them to have a nutritional diet.

Thanks

Dan

i would feed them brine shrimp first for a week since thats probably what the LFS is feeding them. then alternate between flakes and brine shrimp since flakes are better for them.

BustytheSnowMaam

I feed mine Ocean Nutrition Brine Shrimp plus Flake (it's actually all flake, I pictured some sort of freeze-dried brine shrimp).  The first ingredient is FISH, not wheat flour, and my fishies go nuts for it.  After that the food says it is a blend of plankton, krill, and kelp.  I got the suggestion to use this food from Premium Aquatics as that is what they said they feed their fish (www.premiumaquatics.com).  

I feed my clowns every other day, but on the day I feed, I feed them twice that day, since in the wild clowns are plankton feeders and accustomed to several small meals a day.  I also buy one or two jumbo shrimp at the store (or saltwater fish) and grate it with a fine cheese grater, then offer it to the clowns and other tank inhabitants about once a week.  You can actually ask for one or two shrimp at the meat counter instead of paying big bucks for a whole pound (the guy at the counter said people do it for their salad all the time).

Just some suggestions for you, hope something I've said helped.

Tasha

Archived