SaltCritters.com

The Wife Is Finally Acclimated!

reef n ale

Well, it took most of a year, but the wife no longer asks "what's in the box this time... :angry:?".

So, now I can pretty much spend at will without fear. :happy:

BTW, also no longer heard is "how much was that... :angry:?". :D

Rob

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude! You have to tell me your secret of success. My wife is constantly saying "NO MORE $@i AQUARIUMS" or "What's in THAT bag?". I find myself smuggling livestock and equipment into the house and hiding the receipts.

I am now going through the same thing. My tank is just recently started (1 month and still going) and I have already heard "Haven't you spent enough on it" "How much have you spent" "Do you think that this is actually worth the trouble" and crap like that. Oh yeah and we just found out that she is pregnant so that definately won't help me get my tank completed. omgomgomg

so I must say or rather do :bowdown:

I find myself smuggling livestock and equipment into the house and hiding the receipts.

:lol: And I thought I was the only one. That's why I have a work tank. When I get something new, I put it there. Then when I bring it back, I just say that I am moving stuff around :P

I am now going through the same thing. My tank is just recently started (1 month and still going) and I have already heard "Haven't you spent enough on it" "How much have you spent" "Do you think that this is actually worth the trouble" and crap like that. Oh yeah and we just found out that she is pregnant so that definately won't help me get my tank completed. omgomgomg

so I must say or rather do :bowdown:

congrats on your wife and your soon to be kid! :lol:

:lol: And I thought I was the only one. That's why I have a work tank. When I get something new, I put it there. Then when I bring it back, I just say that I am moving stuff around :P

That's the best Kenny! :bowdown:

Rob

That is amazing. I think mine is finally coming around she is actually wanting to get something for the tank. (i think she figures as long as i have a saltwater tank we might as well have nemo in the house) any good job on the acclimation. :bowdown:

Yeah, my girlfriend is pretty supportive. Granted, at this point it's my $, not our $. But I have noticed that lotions, makeup, and girly stuff grows exponentially when I get something new. Not to mention, the master bathroom is now called her bathroom. Damn they are sneaky.

Prunfarm: My situation actually works the opposite way. I'll get on my wife about irresponsible spending. I might say, "Nice shoes, I really like them, when did you get them?" A heated discussion brews, then I might say something like, "Here I am worried about the bills, neglecting my fishtanks until next month and you buy more shoes?" the next thing I know she is telling me to spend $100-150 on what ever I need for my tanks....

Now I haven't used this yet as a tool to buy new things, it's just worked out that way...it would be wrong of me to use this situation to my 92 watts of PC Retroed NC advantage :rolleyes:

all you have to do is wait until she's out of town, by the bigger tank with identical equipment and tell her "it's always been that size, i swear honey!".

I usually hold off until she calls me at work to say she's going to be late coming home. I then leave work a few minutes early to make sure I have time to stop in the LFS to see if there's anything worth buying. It's not fair. My wife can buy anything she wants like a decorative plate that costs way too much. When I ask her what she's going to use it for, she'll says, "It's for decoration. I"m going to hang it in the dining room." Then I say, "you mean you bought a plate.... and you can't even eat off of it? That's just silly" :wacko:

Sparkling_Surfer

My boyfriend thinks I spend way too much money on my tank...but right now it's my money, my decisions since we're not living together or anything. In fact, we are 400 miles away for about 9 months out of the year (different colleges), so he usually gets over my new "babies" pretty quickly. I find it hard to pull him away from my tank when he comes to visit me anyways, so I know he will support when we are married and are actually together most of the time :happy: Hopefully...lol.

My boyfriend thinks I spend way too much money on my tank...but right now it's my money, my decisions since we're not living together or anything. In fact, we are 400 miles away for about 9 months out of the year (different colleges), so he usually gets over my new "babies" pretty quickly. I find it hard to pull him away from my tank when he comes to visit me anyways, so I know he will support when we are married and are actually together most of the time :happy: Hopefully...lol.

i hope it all works out ;)

I usually hold off until she calls me at work to say she's going to be late coming home. I then leave work a few minutes early to make sure I have time to stop in the LFS to see if there's anything worth buying. It's not fair. My wife can buy anything she wants like a decorative plate that costs way too much. When I ask her what she's going to use it for, she'll says, "It's for decoration. I"m going to hang it in the dining room." Then I say, "you mean you bought a plate.... and you can't even eat off of it? That's just silly" :wacko:

HHAHAH...seriously...my mom has 3 teacups/teacup plate hanging on the walll and they were $200 not even used...they look nice but it isnt necessary! so i ask if i can get a helfrichi firefish for about $175-$200 she said! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!...it sucks

thefishofdoom

my mom is always asking where i get my money i say friends. she dosnt have to know as long as she dose not pay and im not doing any thing illegal. in truth my lfs gives me great deals and free stuff some times so who needs money jk but congrats

I like to do nice things, like take my girlfriend out to eat, envibe, etc. Sometimes she finds it strange tho, when I drive, we go to places near the LFS. It's amazing how much a little happy hour will grease the wheels. ;)

haha you guys are too much...just say pretty please and make sure you distract her with roses or something hahah :)

Oh man… you are setting a bad precedent by doing that. Will they ever buy us beer, tools or stuff for our aquarium so they can get those shoes to wear twice?

I have to say I found myself going to the store and buying some equipment and when I got home I set it up then made sure that I went all the way to the dumpster to throw away the box so she would not see what I got or see the price on the box. Amazing what some of have to do to get away with things.

Archived