My tank update

accord86

Seems like ever since I started this tank I've been upgrading it. These are the upgrades I've done recently. Replaced my maxijet900 with a Seio 620, moved the entire tank over to a drilled 20l with custom acrylic sump and a new stand, replaced the coralife clamponMH with an Aquamedic pendant. I spent about 6 hours doing the switch last Saturday and it went pretty smoothly and I am happy with the tank now. Here's the pix:

New FTS

ftsnew.jpg

FTS before the switch

ftsbefore.jpg

My new acrylic sump

sump.jpg

sumpsetup.jpg

side.jpg

host.jpg

Here's a pic of the digi frag I got in December and how it's doing now.

atopshelf.jpg

montidigi.jpg

crocea.jpg

I'll be switching the remora out for an ASM mini pretty soon. I'm placing an order for a lot of SPS frags very soon so I'll post another update when I get it!

I definitely like the new look vs. the old look. Nice tank...I just drilled my 20L and I have a 20L fuge underneath(work in progress)...it is nice to see pics of other 20L's...they always look so good.

Jesse

Thanks guys the clown has been in the tank since the beginning. I got it when it was small and it is getting kinda big now. It's actually kind of shy for a clown. It always used to have the torch host it, but for some reason after the switch it only goes in the toadstool.

I definitely like the new setup also vs. the old one. It feels more like a reef now and not like a rock pile with frags everywhere.

Got an ASM mini yesterday and it's set up and skimming. It creates a TON of bubbles but damn this thing is loud. Any ideas how to muffle the sound? I have some acro frags coming in the next few week pix up when they get here!

pic of the skimmer

reef026.jpg

I haven't taken a pic of it running yet but it has a crazy amount of bubbles

just took a random pic of the rock covered in coraline and i thought the pic was cool

reef025.jpg

• 7 months later...

Very long overdue tank update.

Changed my lighting over to a PFO Pendant, Icecap Ballast, and 175w Iwasaki bulb. Uses less electricity than my 150w Aquamedic, and has probably 3 times the light output. Only semi-drawback is the color isn't as blue, but I actually like it better.

I put a Sedra 2500 on the ASM mini to quiet it down, and is pulling some nice skimmate.

Having some algae problems at the moment, but hopefully will soon be past it.

milletd.jpg

mille.jpg

Had a custom frag rack built by DKReefkeepers. Great job!

frags-1.jpg

frags3.jpg

frags2-2.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack.jpg

sarm.jpg

Check out the blue tips on this A. Staghorn. fast grower

stag3.jpg

xenia.jpg

ric.jpg

P1010205.jpg

fts.jpg

P1010128.jpg

Future upgrades/projects. Kalkreactor, phosban, upgraded flow (tunze nano stream?), and SPS only.

Wait for an update in another 9 months! LOL

Archived