Zoa colony propagation?

wheelspin

Lets say best case scenario...

What kind of time frame does it take a single full size zoa polyp to start to produce new ones?

Second, about how long does it take a small new polyp to mature?

um, that depends on ALOT of things, such as lighting, water quality, or any dificulties and also some varieties of zoanthids grow faster than others......and if you have to much flow or something

um, that depends on ALOT of things, such as lighting, water quality, or any dificulties and also some varieties of zoanthids grow faster than others......and if you have to much flow or something

that is why I said "Lets say best case scenario"

just looking for a general window...

I have had two polyps of nice variated colors that hitchhiked on my LR. Noticed them sometime around 5/2005. They are still there, moslty the same size, in the same position. I really hope that they decide to multiply, I really like the colors. Another LFS bought colony I split in two (on an old coral skeleton) is growing like mad.

A recent re-aquascaping has exposed these two zoas to more light, flow, but I have seen not any new growth in the last two weeks.

G

My palthoas are growing like mad, i bought them about 2-3 weeks ago with 2 polyps and there is another baby that sprouted out and 2 more bumps at the base where polyps will come out from ;)

My reds always drop off the main colony and land elsewhere in the tank. They usually attach and start to multiply within 1-2 weeks. However, I have noticed other colonies which take much much longer. 1-2 months or so before they start to multiply.

I have a patch of small brown/yello mouth zoa that came hitch hiker on a flat 4x6 rock. When I got the rock, for a fether duster attached, the zoa were barely visible. 7 or so poylps, very very tiny. In about 9 months they have covered the rock and multiplied to ~60 polyps. This is the fastest zoa growth Ive experieces. This is under PC w/ good, turbulent flow.

IMO major factor include light, flow, water quaility and specific zoas in question.

Archived