fireifsh in 2.5

jfish

i was thinking of getting a small firefish for my 2.5 and if it gets to big move it too my 10g when i get a top for it, but would the 2.5 be too small?

I have a FF in a 12 gallon nc dx. My big concern is that they tend to be extremely fast when spooked. In a 2.5 gallon he won't have much area to work w/ when he evades. You need to make a cubby hole/cave w/ your lr and substrate, otherwise my FF made 6 feet on a single leap onto the floor. BTW he has learned, down is better....

i already have it set up with a lage cave in the center and some rocks of too each side but i might rescape it a bit(i cant any of my tanks the way like them for some reason!)

also at what size should i put him my 10g? or should i just watch the way it acts too see if its stresed?

and how often should a firefish be fed?

thanks

id say once it grows very much at all you should move him........ a 2.5 gallon tank for a fish thats about an inch in size is going to be very cramped. It should be fine in the beginning, but keep a close eye on him

well right now i have a green clown goby in it but i dont ever see him so i was going to take him out and put somthing in it that actualy moves around a bit, and sence firefish dont seem to ever go far from there bolt holes i thought a small one would be good for a wile at least(i know a lot of people put small clowns/damsels in there tanks for a wile)

do a neon goby, eviota goby... seriously a 2.5 is INCREADIBLY small compared to the ocean, and these guys are small, but still.

if this was on reefcentral, everyone would say "No way" to a firefish. Just cuz we are on nano-reef it's a bit more lenient. I'd highly recommend not getting a firefish. It will jump or something.

well i dont think i will get the firefish i think what iam going to do is somthing diffrent with this tank(iam going to post my idea in the pico forum)

Archived