Coral Vue Hydros

What lights should i get for a 10gallon $110 or under?

KidCNU

I am looking to buy a new light for my 10gallon and i was wondering what do you all think the best light or type of light i could get for $110 or less i set myself a limit anyways if anyone has a suggestion PLEASE leave me a comment!!! thanks soooo MUCH!!

tank has zoo's and softies right now as well as some trumpet coral and a monti cap looking to try to get a monti digita

Tank can take up to 24 inch lights !

well i could also get a 130w 24" jebo guy for under $100 i have delt with a jebo before and had no problems, but unless i want to spend like $200 Pc's are my light of choice?

yeah tank is actully 20 inches but the 130 has 2 inches of just plastic on either end so all of the light area would be over the tank, and do you think i might be able to get away with a monti digita in that or would that be a dream?

I know this is probally a stupid question but would something like this work for my tank or not, and if so i'd prolly need a new bulb wouldn't i

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/unionlighting/rabezfloodmh.html

I have never seen those before. I dont think I have heard of the brand either. What kind of corals are you planing to keep? If you plan on some SPS and stuff like that then you are better off getting your self a 70W MH pendant. With those lights you can keep SPS, Clams and other corals.

Get a 2x40w Satellite and be done with it. I'm sure you can find one in that price range.

Montipora will be fine under that light (assuming everything else is up to par). Y'all must be to young to remember gil's infamous MB7.

neanderthalman

Get a 70W or 150W retro kit and mod it into a regent halogen fixture. I made my setup for under $150 CAD - should be close to your budget after the exchange rate.

Get a 2x40w Satellite and be done with it. I'm sure you can find one in that price range.

Will a 20" light sit okay across a 24" tank if it has feet? I wanted to get one of those 2x40w satellites for a 15 gallon Im planning on setting up.

Archived