inTank Media Baskets

Can i transfer into 1.8g Hex..

Fishfreak218

71 members have voted

1. 1. So can i tranfer 2g. tank into 1.8h hex??

• Yes
    • No

ok well um.. i was wondering how the other contestants think about this?? my dad brought it home for me to use and i would love to use it for the contest.. i am in the [CUSTOM] Category??/??? Also what about you Gil, since your the one who is control.. if you are still here.. Gil.. i havnt seen you on lately.. thanks in advance

-josh

ok there is 1 no.. anyway i know the otehr contestants have their opinions on this.. please let me know... its not really an advantage b.c. it is considerably the same size.. i could have goten a 2.5g Hex madefor the contest... anyway the normal 2.5g tanks arent actually 2.5g and are more like 2g. ...MORE OPINONS.. also please post why you voted no (if you did).....

I'm not going to vote since I'm not in the custom category but wouldn't it be the same as starting the tank over? I know you want to use the new tank, but can you wait another month?

From the contest rules:

(My emphasis added)

A WORD ABOUT TANK CRASHES!

If your tank crashes (for any reason) you will not be able to restart after contest entry has closed (November 5, 2005).

Reason: If your tank crashes, you would have to set it up again which would be basically be entering a new system after contest entry has ended. The point of this contest is to keep a healthy reef the first time around, not to start and then restart over and over if you continually hose your system.

no, its not setting it up again b.c. the im using all the same stuff from my tank.... so no its just a new shell... my tank didnt crash

Copied EXACTLY from the rules:

Custom Category Rules

THE TANK

Your display tank volume must be 2.5 Gallons or smaller. If you are using a custom built tank, you may need to show images with measuring device of some sort to prove dimensions to the rest of the contestants. You may be asked at different intervals to take photos of your tank with measuring devices and something else in pic to prove current photo. You may not use an 8 gallon tank for your system and seperate it with a "false back" wall. So....Say it with me everyone...."Your display tank volume must be 2.5 gallons or under".

also i will be using the same water, rock, and coral/fish.. this isnt restarting my system.. its transfering it into a different tank... kinda like if my tank was cracking and i went out and bought another 2.5g then i doubt i would be disqualified for transfering into another 2.5g anyway it says in the rules if your tank crashes (which mine hasnt) then you cant restart it.. and it says for [CUSTOM] category that your display must be 2.5g or less (so a 1.8 gallon tank isnt against the rules in any way) also some more from the rules:

A WORD ABOUT TANK CRASHES!

If your tank crashes (for any reason) you will not be able to restart after contest entry has closed (November 5, 2005).

Reason: If your tank crashes, you would have to set it up again which would be basically be entering a new system after contest entry has ended. The point of this contest is to keep a healthy reef the first time around, not to start and then restart over and over if you continually hose your system.

I WILL NOT BE RESTARTING THE TANK IN ANYWAY! so there for it isnt breaking that rule either.. so more votes and please say why if u did vote no

thanks

-josh

ok well so far it is a tie b.c. PAco, voted no but ment to say yes so i had 1 for no and 0 for yes.. then i voted in yes to make it even..so this means you +1 vote for yes and -1 from no .. this means i have.. o wait this means Yes is winning and no isnt.. b.c. paco's vote for no doesnt count. and he voted yes.. (does that make scence)

ok now its a tie.. :/

Gil? Gil? (hear echo sound, Gil,Gil,Gil,Gil,.....)

I know that it isn't like a crash but it wouldn't be different than a tank cracking mid way through the contest. Yes you'd be using the same LR, sand, etc. but you would be setting up a "new" tank. I was under the impression that you had to stick w/ the one you brung.

Gil? Gil? (hear echo sound, Gil,Gil,Gil,Gil,.....)

i know right were ARE YOU GIL ?????????

i might just set it up anyway if Gil doesnt reply soon and hope i dont get disqualified...if i get disqualified so be it.. its not like i really have a HUGE chance (cough: xytrix, Ann, and possibly Tigah but im not sure since i havnt seen an update in a while...)

lolololololol ^^^^^^^ lol.. its true and i will admit it.. lol.. alot of people are.... but alot of the competition has dropped out such as you, jmorris,and travis ...... 2 of which to tank crashes .... anyway Yes is winning!!!! b.c. of Paco 's accidental vote for no when he ment to vote yes (so take one away from No and add it to yes ;) )

anyone else?? Gil in particular... i might be going to LFS today and want to get new sand....and get ready for the tranfer... so any more votes??? b4 i go today?? Gil.. ANSWER!!!!

i just did.. he was on earlier today :( ..i hope he comes on again...

yes is winning!!!!

Yes: 8

No: 9

Paco accidentaly voted no but meant to vote yes... so that means take 1 away from No [bringing it down to 8], and adding one to Yes [bringing it it up to 9]

therefore the actual scoreis

Yes: 9

No:8

yes is winning!!!!

Yes: 8

No: 9

Paco accidentaly voted no but meant to vote yes... so that means take 1 away from No [bringing it down to 8], and adding one to Yes [bringing it it up to 9]

therefore the actual scoreis

Yes: 9

No:8

you don't live in Florida by any chance, do you? :wacko:

ya i do, what do u mean (i dont get it.. lol..was it to confusing.. ?? ] anyway im going to tranfer over anyway.... if i get disqualified i do.. cant do much about it.... i got more stuff for the tank..so now is the best time to do it...

ya i do, what do u mean (i dont get it.. lol..was it to confusing.. ??
sorry, it might be little over your head/age (you're 13-yr-old, right?). it's not an insult, just a joke.

it has to do with the 2000 presidential elections, you were probably 7 then? so i guess you don't remember it too well. not sure if schools are covering that recent of history at your age (my son's isn't-he's 13 too). i think "current" history is covered more at hs.

then again, aren't you home-schooled or was that someone else?

sorry, it might be little over your head/age (you're 13-yr-old, right?). it's not an insult, just a joke.

it has to do with the 2000 presidential elections, you were probably 7 then? so i guess you don't remember it too well. not sure if schools are covering that recent of history at your age (my son's isn't-he's 13 too). i think "current" history is covered more at hs.

then again, aren't you home-schooled or was that someone else?

No, i wasnt home schoooled

Archived