inTank Media Baskets

finnex m-tank skimmer - anyone got this thing to work?

zoomin

• 4 weeks later...
I had it working for about a month, then I ditched it =(

What did you end up going with Koden? I've got a Jalli 30g tank, but the same skimmer (I think) as the M-Tank...

Thanks!

it didn't do anything but be loud. It would skim for awhile, then overflow. It was very fickle. I've been going without a skimmer, and my corals are good. I'm just waiting to get my 82g (180g total system water) up and running then going to break the finnex tank down into a QT tank.

u guys have the M-TANK?!?!?!?!?! i love those things! i just saw one on the internet and loved it. i want to buy it but i just bought an aquapod 4 months ago and i dont have enough for it. how is the M-tank? any of u guys have the 20g? how much was urs and wat did it come with and wat r the pros and cons and would u recomend it for me? srry, im just excited about it. tell me! tell me! tell me! i wanna no everything. write me a book about it!!!!

it didn't do anything but be loud. It would skim for awhile, then overflow. It was very fickle. I've been going without a skimmer, and my corals are good. I'm just waiting to get my 82g (180g total system water) up and running then going to break the finnex tank down into a QT tank.

Mine seems to be working pretty good (dark tea/light coffee skim). It is loud though, and that would be the reason I would swap it out. Maybe I'll make a "nanomora" skimmer.....

HEHEHE!!!!

Finnex skimmers (venturi style) require daily rubbing like a Genee bottle--lol

Mine acts up now and then-- especially after cleaning pump-- but on general works real well...

Zooman-- I take it yours is new??? When I 1st got mine it overskimmed, so I had to raise the skimmer up to prevent this... once it starts to brake in and you notice the air bubble line starts to get lower in the collection cup--- you can then start dropping it down until you eventually get it all the way back down with the bubble line being right at the top of the collection cup.

Their is a valve on the output that has a little bit of adjustment to either raise the water column or lower water column.

What ever you-- do never clean anything but the pump and collection cup... BHP cleaned his after about a years use and it took it like a month of just making some noise to finally kicking back in and starting to work.

Hope this helps

Izzue

Archived