Cultivated Reef

EBIN's 20L FRAMELESS

ebin

View of tank from my couch

qyhjiv.jpg

nevermind the pile of shoes they are for dickie52.

I have the ballast in the other room and need to hide the wire from the light still I have the small pump in the tank as for now to stir up the loose sand from when the baffle was leaking.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice, water looks crystal clear

yea not much in there to really dirty it up :lol:

gotta test the water tomorrow the rock like i said earlier was from my other system and it has been in buckets of saltwater with pumps so I don't think there is much as far as cycle but i really do not want to rush it.

if the water reads fine tomorrow I may give it another week or so to get my maxima from my buddies tank. I got some lps frags and sps frags I am gonna pick up this sunday. the tank is running a bit cold 73-74 degrees. I really never had a tank run this cold before so I am not too sure how it is gonna effect livestock. Summer is coming up here so I really am not too worried bout the temp. one nice thing is the temp stays stable with the light on all day so I am pretty jazzed. the temp reading is off a stick on thermomater and I really don't trust it much. I have a digital one on the way so a more accurate reading will give me a better idea of where I stand. B)

Looking good man. Do you plan on keeping that PH in there? Are you not getting enough flow from the sump return pump?

travis

the powerhead will be out I had it in there to kinda blow around debris so it could be filtered out by my overflow. ghetto yes but effective.

I just got home and the tank lights had been off the little stick on thermomiter read 74% and my hydrometer said 77%...WTF

I am gonna wait till the digital thermomiter comes before I buy a heater.

found a gnarly bristle worm in the tank when I turned on the light

r081a9.jpg

not too sure the species, sure he would have been ok to keep but since this tank will house alot of clams (oops did I let a cat of the bag?) i wanted to take no chances. there was also a baby worm too i rid myself of.

now I know what you are thinking looking at the pic...if this is a barebottom why is there sand? that is a corner that got sand dumped from the baffle breaking it will be siphoned out during the next few water changes

clams! good one

Adin as I have stated before....just trying to live up to the expectations of my mods :lol:

Did a bit of aquascaping today I was thinking something crazy...but I ended up with the plain ol' slope. enjoy.....

closer up shot.

r1yg76.jpg

left side

r1yjyu.jpg

And the finished product a bit out.

r1ydy8.jpg

sorry chat buddy no atoll :tears:

still a few minor adjustments to make.

Water test today showed the levels were a tad off. another week will do it.

Like the rockwork but I still think that LS would look killer, lol.

don't know if I sold myself on the rockwork it looks weird too plain, man I need more asian friends, they would come over and set me straight on the aquascaping.

:lol:

i like my bb attempt

Looking good.

I was going to go starboard on mine "framless" But, installed it 'scaped it, looked just not right, kind of like a lab.

Yours looks better, more organic.

I love how this tank is coming along :) I'm particularly digging the pink background so :P to all you naysayers :D

Thank you Karen.

yeah nice rockwork

i dont think you said what fish your putting in that beast

Still don't know. I really miss my old angler, but want to have some active movement in the tank so it is hard to decide.

A few anthias? a rare wrasse? small colorful gobies? teadrop blennie? dolphins? these are all ideas I have running in my head, the fish I will stock will have to be compadible with the clams...peaceful community fish. (unless it is an angler then it is on :lol: )

I really honestly don't like fish that much to tell the truth, they get into trouble and block my view of coral. :mellow:

also thanks to all that complimented the tank much gras!

HAHAHA thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard =D

-_- but it is true. ;)

got the digital thermometer today. lights have been on all day and tank is at 77.8f

I am in the good!

first additions tested golden so thought I would throw some coral to the wolves so to say.

acropora eflorence (spelling)

r8z0na.jpg

closer

r8z1o2.jpg

and some zoos

r8z1jc.jpg

the zoos have not opened yet but they are red (I think most call them fire somthing or others). i dipped them quite well as i found a sundial snail on them. they were combed over with a pair of tweezers, no eggs and double dipped.

here is the snail.

r8z59s.jpg

*eek* that's a dirty BB lol. Siphon works wonders ;)

Lookin' good regardless.

Go back a page or so and see where the baffle in the sump was not correctly sealing on a corner. my pump sucked up a bunch of sand. it is getting taken out slowly with each water change. ;)

well just got back from the lfs and picked up a male Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse. i love wrasse but hate that they are jumpers...damn catch 22 with the frameless. should have snapped a pic of him before he went into the tank but I can't find my batterys for the camera at the moment. (not to mention he is hiding.) so this pic I snagged off the internet will have to do for nowmine is alot more blotchy and slightly more blue/purple...but you get the just of it.

rivj8j.jpg

also I am battling a recent rash of microbubles in the tank. my filtersock keeps foaming over at the top and the bubbles are getting to my return pump. grrrrrrrrr

Archived