Coral Vue Hydros

EBIN's 20L FRAMELESS

ebin

Before I get the rock and water in I wanted to put down a starboard for the bottom of the tank I got this thin roll up cutting board for a few bucks and sealed it to the bottom with silicone.

ossuid.jpg

Bob as requested this is my big design for the sponge...I will shove a sponge in the slot above the last baffle. nothing special just wanna keep some of the crap from entering the last chamber.

ossxfo.jpg

here is the package my ass built, not the coolest but cool in my own mind.

ossy1u.jpg

and finally with stand closed.

ostj43.jpg

I am so scared to fill this thing up. I still got to hang the light and mix the salt. for the overflow I am just going to run the pipe open and fix a strainer later once there is fish.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ebin, great looking setup. I just completed a 20L with a 20L refugium...I also have the quietone 4000. A couple things, how is the noise made by your quiet one? I would like mine to be just a little quiter, but it isnt too bad.

Another thing, did you come off the pump with 1" return line? If so, I would suggest using 1 1/2"...you get 50 gph more at 3' head...just a suggestion.

Looks great.

Jesse

the_anti_honda

Zach,

Tank is looking good. Thats the tank I had a custom order on for a customer and they paid for it and never picked it up. I had an identical match but broke it awhile back.

Also hook up with me soon so we can take care of the rest of that light..

I only have one t and 2 elbows. also the outlet on the pump was 1" and I reduced it to 3/4". and there is low head pressure

I think if I reduce at the bulkhead (on the inside) again down to 1/2" i should be good. man the amount of flow is perfect with the pump full bore the water level is about 1/2" from the rim of the tank the look is so clean I love it. (just barely any pressure at the heads) the sump worked just as planned i am so stoked, glued the slip joint that was leaking, glued the other joints (to be sure), and fired up the skimmer.

almost immediately the skimmer started making crazy foam my cup filled up in less than 5 minutes no gunk clear foam??? any ideas?

I will problably have to replace this pump. I can't believe any manufacturer would market thier pump with a name like "quiet One" literally they should have named it the "airplane" cause you can hear it a mile away. there has to be something wrong with it. really the pump can be heard two rooms away through 2 closed doors

contacted pentair (maker of the quiet one pump) thier customer service rep after hearing the pump in the background while i was on the phone with them said they would have a higher up get back to me early next week

I hate bad equpimeant nothing worst that makes you want to pull your hair out when making a tank.

I hope all your pluming works out the only thing I ever built in a hospital tank and I had directions.

Crossing my fingers for the pink either you'll start a new craze or it will be a flop.....hoping the first one.

Your ZOOS!!!!!!!

Sry but I hate BB I sad to see this system come to that because Black sand plus Pink backing. Can you say SWEET

So whats the stocking plans?

well 9391 the sand in the sump is black so I met you half way. had to go barebottom I am tired of sand it is a pain in the a$$

flop smop pink rocks the house!

travis the noise is no louder than a normal overflow. it is the quiet one that is noisey!

I have a tiny leak at a barbed fitting I siliconed the ###### out of it and it just won't stop.:confused:

my skimmer is slowed down and still pulling stuff out but it is clear not mucky I shut it down for now and am rumming it half the day till there is a real need to skim.

Ebin: you have tiny feet.

haha i had to look back up on the screen to see

Ebin your a girl right? or is that your daughters shoes..?

I used my QO4000 for the first time today and had an identical issue. Its so loud that I had to turn it off. Please post when you get an answer from the manufacturer. I am looking at some different brands of pumps but need it to be quite.

seriously I asked the rep if they would like to have the noise it was making in thier house and they flat told me hell no. just a bummer as i recently got rid of my eheim.

I like the light very much when it was sold to me I was told it came with a 10K bulb but it was a 5,500k bulb so after I had to spend a bit of money on a new bulb it worked out decent.

As bricktop had put it earlier in this thread "i bet those baffles break" well they did not break however the last baffle broke the seal at the bottom and the pump sucked a bit of sand into the tank. i took that baffle out and put a little stand in the fuge area for the pump.

but the pump was still noisey.....wooooo hoooooo

I just beat on my quiet one pump in a fit of rage bout an hour ago also I moved the skimmer to the overflow drain side (those baffles are fine). the pump is now quiet, and the tank runs perfectly. I need to reduce the 2 locline fittings on the return to 1/2 to gain a little head pressure but hell I am in a good mood now.

just goes to show like with women, cars, and just about everything else...if it ain't performing right a good beating will do the trick!:D

(WARNING no women were hurt in the making of this thread)

Well system survived a full night of being up and running without any mishaps so i guess it is now fully operational.

It will take a water change of two but the bit of sand that was sucked in the pump and up into the display will be siphioned out.

Archived