Cultivated Reef

RO Water

newb111

I was searching here a while back when i found something about someone who was using RO water but it wasnt doing that great of job. They tested it for dissoleved solids???? or something like that. I cant exactly remember. I just know that it was at like 100 and it was supposed to be at 0. How can I test my RO water for that to make sure i have good water. By the way, i havent set up my tank yet, jsut making preps.

Newb111

I was searching here a while back when i found something about someone who was using RO water but it wasnt doing that great of job. They tested it for dissoleved solids???? or something like that. I cant exactly remember. I just know that it was at like 100 and it was supposed to be at 0. How can I test my RO water for that to make sure i have good water. By the way, i havent set up my tank yet, jsut making preps.

Newb111

Get a TDS meter and test after the whole unit. And you can test before the membranes to see if the prefilters are working good etc. all depends on water quality. my tap is at 225ppm and after the Ro/Di unit it's 0 If the TDS start to show up then fliters are staring to go bad, time to replace. Prefilter last about 6 month to a year depends on water quality too. membranes last 3 to 5 years typ.

A TDS meter is a must have if you have a Ro/Di unit. I have this one and it's good.

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1MMDI

Got the unit and meter plus a float valve for $147.00 shipped. Oh and they threw in a auto shut off valve for free.

hmm how many gallons does it come in? or do you have to bring your own BIG bottle types of things that offices have on water fountains

Archived