Pod Your Reef

aiptasia

Sea_Of_Treachery

Sea_Of_Treachery

ok, i discovered an aiptasia anemone, near the base of my huge colt coral a few weeks ago. It like in this hole under the colts base. I bought some chem-marin stop aiptasia, and it killed it. I havn't seen it for a week, and today a tiny one is comming back! how do i get rid of it? My colt coral have never been the same, polyps are always closed, but it is open. I think i might have to move the colt to another rock or something. need some ideas.

ok, i discovered an aiptasia anemone, near the base of my huge colt coral a few weeks ago. It like in this hole under the colts base. I bought some chem-marin stop aiptasia, and it killed it. I havn't seen it for a week, and today a tiny one is comming back! how do i get rid of it? My colt coral have never been the same, polyps are always closed, but it is open. I think i might have to move the colt to another rock or something. need some ideas.

I say move colt, and nuke that sucker. Joes juice!

how do i get it off the rock?

Kill it with joes Juice, DO IT NOW!

Trust me, don't wait a day, that stuff will spread like crazy if the conditions are right.

I dont know what size tank you have or whats in it but try a peppermint shrimp. I have used them on all my tanks anytime I see aiptasia and they have always gotten rid of everything.

Sea_Of_Treachery

my sixline eats every peppermint i put in my tank, i have no meny, i'll keep using this chem marin stuff, till i never see it, maybe i didn't inject enough

I had three in my tank, two big & a smaller. Yesterday I went to the drug store and bought an insulin syringe and injected them all with near boiling water.

Looks like it killed the small one and put a serious hurting on the bigger ones. In a few days I will hit them again.

Sea_Of_Treachery
I had three in my tank, two big & a smaller. Yesterday I went to the drug store and bought an insulin syringe and injected them all with near boiling water.

Looks like it killed the small one and put a serious hurting on the bigger ones. In a few days I will hit them again.

i tried the boiling water method, it didn't work

Archived