Pod Your Reef

nanocue 24dx.....where to get it?

mister_crabs

title pretty much sums it up. I am going to test my luck and get a 2006 nc24g dx.

but where t oget one? Id rather not use ebay as i have had bad luck ordering from there. And Fostersmith only carrys the aquapod in the 24 gallon size. Anyone know where to get one of the NC??

I live basically in the middle of nowhere with almost no LFS options. I basically have two options here....a really old LFS with outrageous prices and an old owner who says nano-what?, or PETCO where pets shouldnt go. (at least fish anyhow).so shipping is the only way to get it.

no...actually there are enough people here that i know who are already experienced reefers so should have no problems getting frags. And I just found an ad in the paper for a full 55 gallon reef tank setup with lights,pump, filter, LR, fish and corals for 200 bux. sounds like a smokin deal so I am gonna go check it out. Maybe trade some of the fish and corals to the LFS store that is here and have him order me a nanocube. (if he ever figures out what a NC IS!! LOL)

mshollenberger
It's an easy choice.

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/

I dont see any reason to buy anywhere else. Great customer service, good prices, mod it to your hearts content, and support one of the few stores that supports us.

Mark

Mark, I am researching the nano cubes and a bit confised at all of the options.

For example, I look at the model on nanotuners for $399

It seems as though it comes with everything you need out of the box?

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotune...products_id=219

vs

This model at $229

http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?...Product_Count=6

Can someone enlighten me on the differences (is this it?)

Corallife Thermometer

Coralife Power center

Finnex Titanium 100

Auto Topoff - JBJ ATO

AA - UV Sterilizer - 09w

If so, what does the $229 model missing in terms of being able to run out of the box?

Thanks

mshollenberger
get the finnex 20g....its way better for its price IMO!!!

Finnex 20g - 249.95

I'm a little leary going with an acrylic tank with my two year old running around the house... Otherwise, it looks nice. Personally, I prefer the tight top on the jbj as opposed to this one with the light so high up like that..

:o

your safest option is with Chris at Nanotuners. just send them an email. your prob looking at a modified version. last time i looked, a stock 24nc with shipping is around 250. if you can afford it, get an upgrade with nanotuners. worth the money for the added lighting. gives you a broader range of livestock.

If I were purchasing one today. This is what I would get from NanoCustoms.com, for the upgrades that you will surely wish you had before it even finishes cycling! Asiankidd2 has a point about the LFS's, but look at his upgrades, see what I mean <big grin>

24 Nanocube

3.36 Mod (2 50/50 bulbs 1 Actinic Bulb)

Ballast upgrade - so you can control each light separately

R2 Moonlight

Maxi-jet 1200 pump to replace to stock pump

It’s not cheap, but in the long run you WILL save money. Still have to get your heater, salt, test kits, chemical media, timers, etc in addition. IMHO this set up gives you the MOST chance for success. I have basically the same thing in the 12 gallon Nanocube and I couldn’t be happier with what nanocustoms have done for me.

Just call Chris at Nanocustoms and talk with him. Mention that the nano-reefers sent you there.

Mark

mshollenberger
If I were purchasing one today. This is what I would get from NanoCustoms.com, for the upgrades that you will surely wish you had before it even finishes cycling! Asiankidd2 has a point about the LFS's, but look at his upgrades, see what I mean <big grin>

24 Nanocube

3.36 Mod (2 50/50 bulbs 1 Actinic Bulb)

Ballast upgrade - so you can control each light separately

R2 Moonlight

Maxi-jet 1200 pump to replace to stock pump

It’s not cheap, but in the long run you WILL save money. Still have to get your heater, salt, test kits, chemical media, timers, etc in addition. IMHO this set up gives you the MOST chance for success. I have basically the same thing in the 12 gallon Nanocube and I couldn’t be happier with what nanocustoms have done for me.

Just call Chris at Nanocustoms and talk with him. Mention that the nano-reefers sent you there.

Mark

Mark -

Thanks for the recommendation. I have spoken with Chris and he will be building me a custom 24g nano cube within the month. More details when I get them.

Michael

ALL RIGHT...one more kickback from Nano Chris! LOL...just kidding.

Hope your happy....if not... sell it to me, I already want a 24 and my 12 is only a few months old.

Happy trails,

Mark

Mark, I am researching the nano cubes and a bit confised at all of the options.

For example, I look at the model on nanotuners for $399

It seems as though it comes with everything you need out of the box?

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotune...products_id=219

vs

This model at $229

http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?...Product_Count=6

Can someone enlighten me on the differences (is this it?)

Corallife Thermometer

Coralife Power center

Finnex Titanium 100

Auto Topoff - JBJ ATO

AA - UV Sterilizer - 09w

If so, what does the $229 model missing in terms of being able to run out of the box?

Thanks

The difference is that both Systems are BARE BONES JBJ Nano 24G's, both exactly the same....BUT, the Nanotuners deal that you are mentioning is a "COMBO" deal that Chris over at Nanotuners has put together to help folks out with some pricing specials....If we compare BAREBONES systems...NanoTuners sells the 2006 JBJ 24g Nano for $209.99 as opposed to Aquabuys $229.99 for the exact same setup....Looks like a $20.00 Bargain to me....Just bought one myself from there....there is no better price IMHO!!!

Hey Chris....how about a coupon special for the free advertising....lol

P.S. Guys...great service too.

Archived