ReefCleaners.org

just did water change high ammonia

Cam barr

hey did water change last night and used premixed sw that i bought from my lfs my  i noticed that my shrooms were kinda curled up so i tested my water all other perams are fine just ammonia is at 0.50ppm should i  take out water and do another water change ???? help quick please cam barr

I'd do another water change with water you know is good. I'd also look to see if anything died in the tank causing the ammonia spike, it had to come from somewhere.

7 weeks old 7 gal alife tank 27 watt retros  all i add is  1 ml of calciul and  a little reef buffer each week tank inhabatens are one cleaner shrimp two small shrooms and one small toadstool leather bout the size of a half doller and a small  damsel

Yes, I'd do another water change.  It doesn't sound like much, but .5 ppm is enough ammonia to be toxic to inverts.

k ill do one now ill tes one after water is in my shrimp molted last night ummm all 3 corals that i ahve are alive ??????? i havent fed since the day before i did the water chang ill do one now ill be back in a flash

k got water mixed but my ro was coldso i put a gal of ro in a bucket then added 1/2 cup of io reef cristals than filled my bath tub with water thats about 15 to 100 then but the bucket in the tub to bring up temp so i can get an accurate reading on my hydro meter

wtf  its still kinda high .25ppm hopfully it will settle out i changed 1.5 gals and tested that water and it was fine argggggg

Well, when you do a water change, you're just diluting the ammonia, but it helps.  If you're only removing 25% of your old water, it's only possible to take 25% of the ammonia in it.

HTH

have you added any rock or anything? it sounds like it is recycling possibly. maybe some new dieoff on the rock? those are y only guesses.

At this point after like a bazillion water changes I gotta think Bad regent in your test kit. Or there is like a 5 ounce dead something in there. Amonia without any nitrates or nitrites for that matter is just too wierd. something don't jive

Toy

hey guys i have no clue i havent moved my rock and nothing has died i guess another cycle i gave all my livestock besides my hermits to my friend for safe keeping till levels even out

Archived