Closedloop:

Mag7 or Mag5 or QuietOne3000

Sump:

Mag 3,5,2, or quietone 1200

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shao-lin nano

I think actinics supplemnts from either PC or T5 will give the tank a nice hue with a 14,000K or 15,000K MH bulb. It'll also give you option to stagger your lighting schedule for dusk/dawn effect.

Are you asking what powerhead for the closed loop?

I think actinics supplemnts from either PC or T5 will give the tank a nice hue with a 14,000K or 15,000K MH bulb. It'll also give you option to stagger your lighting schedule for dusk/dawn effect.

Are you asking what powerhead for the closed loop?

yeah what powerhead for the closed loop

i want the lighting like Proraptors tank

If you could set it up right, I would suggest 2 small mag pumps, use a smaller one for the sump and the larger for the closed loop

why 2 small mag pumps? what about Quiet One's or Eheim Pumps

2 clowns in a 12g might be pushing it...but i'm not one to speak, seeing how i have a small yellow tang in my 29.

im not even sure if its 12 gallons

i made a type its 15" cube

well something like a mag 3 or 5, you can use one for the closed loop externally, just use valves to control the output on them, I have never used quietones or eheims, so I cant comment on them

well something like a mag 3 or 5, you can use one for the closed loop externally, just use valves to control the output on them, I have never used quietones or eheims, so I cant comment on them

oh, i was thinking if i should drill holes for the closed loop

I would it looks alot nicer, just get someone to put 2 holes for you, I would say 2 sizes with the bigger hole being for the drain to the pump and the smaller for the output for the pump.

I would it looks alot nicer, just get someone to put 2 holes for you, I would say 2 sizes with the bigger hole being for the drain to the pump and the smaller for the output for the pump.

i was thinking about like 2 holes for the output and 1 for the drain

its actually a pretty good idea because its simulates the movement of the ocean, If you want a better quality then that oceansmotions 2 way works the same.

your tank if it is a 15" cube will be 14.5 gallons so 2 clowns would be fine and also 2 clowns would be fine if it was a 12g. b.c. i see 2 clowns in 12g. Nanocubes (which are actually like 9g.) hth a little

i would suggest looking at sedra or dolphin pumps for your return and closed loop,

do you know how much gph you want from your closed loop and return?

and imo actinics are worth having just for dawn and dusk, plus i like a blue tank :)

SCWD's are awesome, just make sure you have unions on them so you can take it off line and clean it

i would suggest looking at sedra or dolphin pumps for your return and closed loop,

do you know how much gph you want from your closed loop and return?

and imo actinics are worth having just for dawn and dusk, plus i like a blue tank :)

SCWD's are awesome, just make sure you have unions on them so you can take it off line and clean it

really? where do you buy sedra or dolphin pumps..

arent you suposed to go for 10x your volume. Like 150 gph.

whats a union?

Archived