Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12 Gallon Clean Up Crew

lmiller

I did a search, but found many different ideas about what to use as a clean up crew for a 12ish gallon tank. Here's what I have in mind:

2 Scarlet Hermits

3 Nassarius Snails

2 Cerith Snails

1 Turbo Snail

2 Astreas Snails

1 Emerald Crab

How does that sound? Should I add anything or take anything away? Thanks in advance.

Sounds good to me. Scarlets are well behaved and a variety of cleaners is always a good idea. Maybe add a couple bumblebees (not really good cleaners but they are neat).

i've been cycling my tank for a week and a half now and the levels are ammonia: 0 ph:8.0 nitrite:0 nitrate 10 would it be a good time to add the cleaning crew now? the brown coraline algae has taken over my rocks and is starting to expand onto the sand and areas of the glass. i can take a picture if you'd like.

i got some little hermit crabs (3) 10 little snails and 2 big orangeish ones (sorry i entirely forgot their names) today and they seem to be having fun eating everything. will the coraline algae grow on its own or should i get purple up or some sort of calcium supplement?

It will grow on it's own.

I've had my nano up and running for a year and a half now, the best advice is. The more you mess with your tank, the more likely something will go wrong.

It's always better to wait for things to happen on their own.

Archived