Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SERIOUSLY reconsider buying new JBJ models!

Jenny

Brother-Shark-Bait

Also my cube just survied a 4.0 earth quake as did both of my friends 24 gallon tanks that are the pre 2006 versions. Don't you just love California :D .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brother-Shark-Bait
thats nuts, how was that? we only get really small ones in new england, nothing really to talk about.

ADAM

It wasn't too bad, things kind of shook around for a few seconds and it was over.

I think a mature and professional mannor would be to title the thread, Problems with my JBJ Nano Cube or My JBJ Nano Cube Cracked. One can perform a search on the nano cube on this forum and other like forums and find hundreds of successful and happy owners, yet the five or so threads dealing with failure seem to draw the most attention because of there alarmist nature.

Doing a basic search for "cracked nanocube" in one years worth of post, resulted in 1174 pages. with plenty of posts per page. i have researched this cracked nanocube issue to death. (see all of my earlier postings) (dga) the nanocube has not been around for as long as a standard "4 sided flat glass tank", yet it has a remarkable failure rate compaired to the duration of the standard tank as posts here and elsewhere can show, since forums began with the inseption of the internet years ago (including such premiere aquarium sites) these tanks just dont have the "issue" of the bent cubes (all manufactures) its by design no matter how you measure, pack, ship etc... that the cube may fail at a higher rate than flat glass. while the latter can result in problems, the bent glass style is, as of "current design" and manufacture, going to be a problem.

Archived