Top Shelf Aquatics

SERIOUSLY reconsider buying new JBJ models!

Jenny

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

if I got up and seen a jbj tank holding all the water, i'd runn out right now and by a 29 aga and start moving stuff....

I wish i could understand why so many keep buying them, u couldn't pay me to take one. My piece of mind(what left of it there is) would be gone forever!@!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AquaPods are the Sh!t I've had one for 1 month and love it. I drop a LR on the glass in the tank not even a scrath that glass is tough @ss I highly reomend. JBJ SUCKS

JBJ rocks...aquapods suck!!!

My friend had a glass 300 gallon with Arowana's bust hahah...

There was a foot of water in his house for like an hour.

Sucks for him...what did he do?

sorry to hear what happened to you jen, but the tanks arent all bad

most reason why tanks crack is cause the surface that the tank is on isnt completely flat...thats how my 7aga minibow broke

but my nc6 and my roomates nc12 and the nc24 at the lfs are ok

not all nc's are bad...theres tons on here that arent broken its just that not everyone comes on here to post that there s didnt break

its just that people talk about there tanks that do break more than tanks that dont

Jenny,

You did not tell us if it had a serial # or was it made after Oct. 2005. You might have gotten an older model from your LFS. Take a picture of the NC from the front and back. I like to see it.

Well I have a newer 24DX but I've kinda questioned it also, noticed a small bubble in the glass on the right side towards the top. Perhaps the imperfections within the glass are causing some issues. I have no problems with mine but any other imperfections that develope I won't waste anytime going to the lfs to pick up an oceanic or some other tank. I had a 45 leak 40gal in my bedroom before...

Before everybody starts to talk sh@t about JBJ again, lets get some proof if is the 2006 model from Jenny. I have the new 2006 24gal NC running since Christmas with no problems. Ive talked to many LFS owners about the new NC and they said there was not even one return from a crack.

i've been running a jbj 24 nanocube made 10-05, one of the first new production tanks, holding water. it has also had live rock dropped and bounced off the glass several times with no cracks. been running since shortly before christmas

Nano93...I'm working on getting pics for you. I can't find my usb cable that connects my digital camera to the computer, but I'm looking. I looked on the back of the tank and it said that it's date of birth was 12/2005...that makes it a new model doesn't it? I'll be back w/ pics sometime soon...

Meanwhile, I already had this pic on my computer from yesterday...take a look at the crack.

post-18488-1139022179_thumb.jpg

Can JBJ be held responsible for damage prices? Probably not...but I just thought I'd ask! Anyone know?

I highly doubt that jbj will do anything to help recover your cost ... however your home owners / renters insurance sould step up ... just an idea ..

Jenny,

I see the crack. Post the picture of the back so I can tell you if it is the new model. Did you check to see if there was a small crack when you brought it. I think there was one that you didnt see to crack in one day. What did your LFS say?

Nano93, I can't get this image to un-blur itself...my camera won't take a clear pic this close up for some reason. I've tried like a gazillion times and have given up. If anybody has some kind of image software that might clear this up, have a go at it. It says that it's date of production is 12/2005, thus making it the new model.

There were no cracks present when I bought it unless they were microscopic and I couldn't see them. I was EXTREMELY picky when I bought it and had them take 2 out of the box...I found a scratch on the 1st one and wouldn't take it, so I had them take out another and looked it over and over again and saw no scratches, cracks or blemishes of any kind. Anyways here's the best pic I could get...sorry it's blury. I know that kind of defeats the purpose of you trying to confirm that is was made in December.

My LFS hasn't said anything yet...I had to work all day today, and all day tomorrow and the owners who sold it to me won't be back in until tomorrow night and Sunday. I'll tell you what happens when I talk to them.

post-18488-1139026649_thumb.jpg

Some JBJ are fine I just think they have poor quilty control because the hoods have messed up the pumps have messed up and the glass has alot of flaws that end up well you know. I am just say that JBJ as a whole sucks some things they make are ok.

Sorry to hear about your tank. I also went out and bought the new 24G cube 2 days ago and had problems with the hood. The first time i tried to turn the lights on they popped and went off. The LFS replaced the bulbs for me and now it works. But now that I have lights in the cube I noticed a small thin scratch on the side. It is not leaking or anything and its not very big. What should i do about this? I dont have a second tank to put my live rock in if it does brake. How likely is my tank to crack and leak? Please any advice is needed. I cant sleep because i keep thinking i hear my tank cracking. Any noise i hear makes my heart jump out of my chest. I dont have renters insurance =(

Thanks,

Chris

CWRose, Welcome to N-R.com...

To answer your question, go buy a big plastic bin like rubbermaid or something, put your water, LR, LS, and a pump and heater if you have em(go buy em if not). Take the tank back.HTH

sorry to hear about your bad luck with the cube. But as far as any kind of homeowners or renters insurance covering it I know for a fact that renters will not cover any damage caused by a fish tank or even a water bed for that matter.

If you want to know how I know this lets jsut say it involved a 55 gallon and my friends three year olds' baseball. Enough said. But my god, so many of these tanks busting.....why dont the dipsticks at jbj just make a stinkin acrylic cube already? cant be that much more expensive than having a manufacturer bend glass can it? plus all the free replacement tanks they are sending out? I may just take my $$ that I have been saving up for the 24gDX and buy these guys a clue.

Thanks for the quick replys...So i guess i should take the tank back and get a new one. I hope the store will replace it. The LFS isnt open until monday. Will I be safe to keep my tank up and running until then or should I go out and buy the tub and transfer everything today? The scratch is smaller than a pinky nail tip no where near the seems, corners or edges. It runs horizontally and is about 5 inches from the top of the tank and 8 inches from the curved glass corner. And its less than a half inch long. Will I be ok till Monday?

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for the quick replys...So i guess i should take the tank back and get a new one. I hope the store will replace it. The LFS isnt open until monday. Will I be safe to keep my tank up and running until then or should I go out and buy the tub and transfer everything today? The scratch is smaller than a pinky nail tip no where near the seems, corners or edges. It runs horizontally and is about 5 inches from the top of the tank and 8 inches from the curved glass corner. And its less than a half inch long. Will I be ok till Monday?
You'll be fine till monday. I don't even think it's going to be a problem for you, but you paid good money for a tank, get one your happy with, no exceptions. Just remember, check it over very thoroughly before you buy it!

So if there is no serial sticker on the back, it's older model for sure? I just picked up a NC6 for my wife, and there is no serial or born on sticker on the back. The only thing I see is a sticker on the underside that says. "JBJ December Production." Should I try to see if I can take this thing back?

So if there is no serial sticker on the back, it's older model for sure? I just picked up a NC6 for my wife, and there is no serial or born on sticker on the back. The only thing I see is a sticker on the underside that says. "JBJ December Production." Should I try to see if I can take this thing back?

I'm not sure if they do that w/the 6. Besides, the 6's almost never crack. I think I've only heard of one cracking.

I'm not sure if they do that w/the 6. Besides, the 6's almost never crack. I think I've only heard of one cracking.

I thought there were a bunch that cracked during the NC6 contest?

Archived