Coral Vue Hydros

My 30g nano at 8 months (pics)

ACBlinky

Just wanted to share some pictures from today. I think my tank is finally getting that 'lived in' look, everything's settling in nicely.

Here's the tank this morning with just the T5s on:

30FTSacFeb2.jpg

With all the lights on (I'm going to change the 10 000K/6700K bulb for a 50/50 to get rid of the greenish tinge)

30ftsFeb2.jpg

Ycg in his fox coral:

ycgfoxFeb2.jpg

Orange-spot shrimp goby making a foray into the water column:

osgFeb2.jpg

Some funky red macro growing off the base of the fox coral (tentatively ID'd by another hobbyist as Rhodymenia pseudopalmata:

redmacroFeb2.jpg

Some brief specs:

30g 24" x 12" x 24"H tank

AquaClear 70 HOB, AquaClear 70 modded into a 'fuge with Chaeto

AquaC Remora skimmer

28W T5 & 130W PC

Inhabitants:

Centropyge flavicauda

Cirrhilabrus lubbocki

Gobiodon okinawae

Amblyeleotris guttata

1 - tiger pistol shrimp

1 - skunk cleaner shrimp

2 - emerald crabs (1 male, 1 female)

10 - Astraeas

2 - turbos

1 - stomatella

9 - Nassarius

6 - blueleg hermits

1 - scarlet hermit

Thanks for looking :)

Looking good. That orange spot goby reminds me of the diamond goby I had a while back that vanished off the face of the universe. The YCG and the fox coral are nice. Do you have enough flow?

The AC 70's each turn over 300gph, and the little powerhead moves 65gph; 665gph/30 = 22X turnover. I'm pretty sure there's enough flow, everything seems happy and there's very little detritus when I use a turkey baster on the rocks. The filters direct the flow across the top and down, the PH is positioned to move water in behind the rockwork.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ACBlinky, is saw some pictures of your tank on ReefCentral, it looks really nice!

(dont want to wait for my dial-up to load all the pictures =P), i just saw your tank like 3 minutes ago so i know what it looks like)

Thanks so much NYReef :)

Guys, it was hard green spot algae, the background is actually black. Today I finally got down to it and scrubbed until my arm got sore. I got 90% of the green off without removing the coralline and the tank looks SO much better! The way the tank is set up it's not easy for me to get my hands in the tank (probably a good thing), which means that if it doesn't come off with the Mag-Float it'll require a major effort on my part and, quite frankly, I got lazy there for a while ;)

I'll post another pic tomorrow and show you the difference :D

Okay, I took another picture tonight. I was rushing (got home just before the timer shut off) and it's not the best, but I think you can see the difference. I did my best to get most of that hard green algae off the back, and I've harvested some of the Xenia out since it was getting a bit out of control!

P2190012Small.jpg

Archived