ReefCleaners.org

Help my tankis overun with amphipods eek!

dreadfish

i was etempting an all invert tank was all going well till it happened now my glass is covered with hundred of whte specs running up and down, so does any one kno a good hardy *SMALL* fish that eats pods?

or even better an invert?

*for 12 gal, fish no more than 1and 1/2 inches " at mostt*

heres a pic from under my microscope

-

post-17802-1138821178_thumb.jpg

kl, i was hopin for sum sort goby, my dads clowns dont eat his ones, but his scooter blenny does, 12 gals is 2 smll for s/b s tho

I do believe Dragonets primarily feed off of them.

yeah a small wrasse would take down the numbers pretty quick. but also if the tank is fairly new the amphipod copepod population will naturally die off pretty soon

Ya the pods will probley die with time but if they are starting to tick off your corals I'd do somthing my 1st method for you would be what UK reefer said. By the way I used a mardian draggonet but this is i'll advised its just I have a sand storm of them and my neibor and reefing friend let me borrow his for a week. Then I got a 6-line on down the road. This ways a 40g though (parents old tank) I dont think you should try this in a 12g.

at my lfs they have tiny red scooter blennies bout n inch long real tiny would one of them be alright?

i reaad the red ones only get 2 3" max wereas normal scooters get 2 5"s

at my lfs they have tiny red scooter blennies bout n inch long real tiny would one of them be alright?

i reaad the red ones only get 2 3" max wereas normal scooters get 2 5"s

scooter blennies and mandarins would NOT be alright

reason being is that they feed mainly off of pods and a small tank without a refugium generally does not produce enough for them to eat

now if you can wean them onto froen foods that's be great

Archived