Coral Vue Hydros

AC110 (500) fuge Flow Questions ...

Jeffrey Richard

Jeffrey Richard

I have a AC500 that I am going to turn into a fuge for a 15 gallon tank I'm setting up ...

For those who have modified the AC500 ...

1) What amount of flow (description please) should the output from the AC500 be?

2) It seems to me the IDEAL current/flow threw the fuge would be from BOTTOM to TOP ... so one would assume a baffle should be constructed so water should flow out of the intake and DOWN near the surface od the sand ... should I be concerned when I construct the baffle?

Thanks

I took the black disk off that is between the intake tube and the motor. Then I adjusted the flow in the middle. You can have the flow pretty high as long as the flow isn't blowing sand and cheato everywhere.

Got mine running tonight...

Removed the ring, dialed it back. The I just left in the basket that it came with and added just under a lb of LR. Seems fine to me...

nanofuge02.jpg

I constructed a baffle out of a CD case and put it in place to make a spot for my heater then add sand and lr. To control the flow all i did is take off the black ring. Seems alot of flow but the sand isnt disturbed

No baffle is necessary. If you want to keep sand it will keep the sand from being distubed. But sand in that small of a space is really not going to benefit anything. I just took all the filter media out of mine and placed in a couple pieces of LR. Then chaeto over the top and a light and you are done. Very simple.

Archived