Coral Vue Hydros

AquaPod vs. NanoCube

turbojeep

What would you suggest for a complete reef newbie. I have a FO 90g right now, and I would like to start a reef tank. However space and budget are limited so I'm considering a nano tank.

What would you suggest for a complete reef newbie. I have a FO 90g right now, and I would like to start a reef tank. However space and budget are limited so I'm considering a nano tank.

Nano cube 24 DX..make sure you get 2006 edition!

Whats a good on-line vendor to order it from? Any particular reason for the Nano-Cube?

from what i can see, the NC has the most mods available that are easy to install, and the 24 gallon 2006 model has the thickest glass of all the hooded nano tanks available from jbj and aquapod. as far as mods go, the NC seems to be the equivalent of the honda civic in car tuning. :)

I ordered mine from nanotuners.com and highly recommend them. I had a few questions about my order that I emailed to them and got responses within a hour. The packaging was very well done too (need to be careful shipping glass).

If you are thinking about getting either 24G NC or Aquapod, how about M-Tank? Little more money but much better light and built in skimmer.

Or you can get 30G Oceanic Cube tank, you can get it around $100 to $150 from LFS.

24G NC or Aquapod cost $250ish, builtin filter and light.

30G Oceanic Cube cost $130ish, need to buy light and filter. 20" Sunpod with 150Watt MH about $280. And you can get HOB refugium for around $50 and powerhead for $40. Total cost here for $500.

20G M-Tank from Nanocustom cost $250, good light and skimmer.

M-Tank is clear winner. And Oceanic cube cost little more but much better tank.

turbojeep is that you in your avatar?

i am in the same sitch as you, i personally like the JBJ 24gl nano cube but i wish it came with better lighting. but i think i would choose the current usa aquapod because of the MH light. only 70w but still you can set up something nice with that.

P.S. if that is you do you have any other cool pics? a girl that i work with goes up to Maine every year and does the jeep jamboree. she always brings back awesome pics.

ADAM

Just my opinion...

Nano Cube!

The original 24g nanos had a cracking problem but they fixed that and served their warranties.

From what i hear about the aquapod it has a few bad qualities. Such as, poor silicon job, electricution, same glass thickness as breaking NC24x etc.... But they do have better filtration

The 2006 nano cubes are made thicker and are just perfect. (So Far...)

Archived