Innovative Marine Aquariums

here is my diy skimmer

darkwaterdevil

thats some good skimmate

how did you make it. You cant tell us you made one, show us the skimmate and not tell us how to make it. LOL

darkwaterdevil

its a 1 inch undergravel pickup tube part of a soda bottle 2 soda caps with holes in them and a smaller tube that goes through the holes on the soda caps now one soda cap goes on the soda bottle and the other is glued on the pickup tube with tank silicone the water output tube is just a tube bent down to keep the bubbles out and a wood air stone. can you belive ive been doing this for 2 weeks?

untitled.bmp

its a 1 inch undergravel pickup tube part of a soda bottle 2 soda caps with holes in them and a smaller tube that goes through the holes on the soda caps now one soda cap goes on the soda bottle and the other is glued on the pickup tube with tank silicone the water output tube is just a tube bent down to keep the bubbles out and a wood air stone. can you belive ive been doing this for 2 weeks?

I appreciate the little graphic thing. What did you use as the elbow joint for the discharge and how did you attach the whole treasure to the tank? Finally, is it working? If your having success I might try to build me one of these

darkwaterdevil

it shows it working in the first pic working realy good the elbow wa cut from a over the cank tube for a canaster filter

HotRod68Camaro

That is awesome! i might have to try it. Wouldn't it be even more efficient if the flow was going in through the elbow so it acts as a counter current skimmer. Im not saying yours is bad in anyway, just giving a suggestion.

Kyle

darkwaterdevil

the tube is about 1 half inch i think mabey a ittle smaller. and the caps are sealed with tank silicone but it probly doesnt even need it because they were perfect circles cut in the cap and it was a tight fit btw i left the blue seal in the cap

can you post better pics????....with it out of the water..and ur step by step process..sicne i got confused with ur discription..lol

Thx

Flick

brent-konieczny

I made a similar skimmer. I have the original lift tube elbow on the intake with the carbon attachment. That way I don't have to worry about using space for carbon elsewhere. It's like a water impurity 2 stage filter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived