Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Green Star Polyps

OntarioLiftie

OntarioLiftie

So anyways i was at my lfs yesterday getting more live rock for my tank and i picked up a rock covered in white furry mushroom coral which looks like snow. So anyways i saw some Green star polyps and i was wondering does anyone have them? are the easy to keep? how fast do they grow? im just trying to get some info on them before i decide to buy them or to leave them. Any help please?

i have neon green star polyps and i dose with calcium (ESV, 2 component) and i can say that they are pretty easy to keep, but you do need to keep an eye on them because they can grow out of control and overtake other corals. But I am happy with mine and i think you would be too

If you get some GSP's make sure they are on a rock that is isolated. They will grow, they will spread, and they will take over your tank if given the chance. I've had them grow right over a colony of Zoanthids w/in a month. If you can't isolate them, run away now. ;)

OntarioLiftie

im in Kitchehener, ontario, and you know what i dont care if this is the right forum. i believe if some one has something to say they cant damn well say it if they want to.

im in Kitchehener, ontario, and you know what i dont care if this is the right forum. i believe if some one has something to say they cant damn well say it if they want to.

Whoa Whoa! Easy!!

What I would do is buy frags from local reefers, it's cheaper than buying from the fish store.

try www.aquariumpros.ca and www.aquariacanada.com for us Canucks! Look in the classifieds, a lot of ontarians

That's right this is America freedom of speech and all that. Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!

ummm sorry just to much coffee today!

Scat

QUOTE(OntarioLiftie @ Jan 23 2006, 10:29 PM)

That's right this is America freedom of speech and all that. Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!

ummm sorry just to much coffee today!

Scat

Actually, they are in Canada.

No need to get uptight, just trying to steer you in the right direction. No need using up space in the Advanced topics section.

Actually, they are in Canada.

No need to get uptight, just trying to steer you in the right direction. No need using up space in the Advanced topics section.

I knew you would bring that to my attention, I'm sorry sometimes you just gotta laugh and live a little. My point exactly no need in getting uptight.

Scatcat

I knew you would bring that to my attention, I'm sorry sometimes you just gotta laugh and live a little. My point exactly no need in getting uptight.

Scatcat

LOL

LOL funny thread yes this belongs in the coral form just a suggestion not citizisem. Anyhow I love the stuff I have it encrusted on the back glass of my tank. It does it really easy and I like the green carpet look better than Coraline.

Archived