Innovative Marine Aquariums

Which fish now?

Cesar

Since I lost my Clown last night to my skimmer I have been thinking of what fish to get next. What do you recomend? Remember it's a 20g tank. The fish that remain in there are 1) Damsel and 1) Royal Gramma. Im thinking of removing the Damsel. So what do you reefers recomend. I was thinking, a pair of B&W Clowns.

you could get a pair of B&W clowns...if your going for stunning looks and rarity...go for the Helfrichi firefish& purple firefish...have like a mini firefish tank!!! IMO that would be awesome

you could get a pair of B&W clowns...if your going for stunning looks and rarity...go for the Helfrichi firefish& purple firefish...have like a mini firefish tank!!! IMO that would be awesome

Firefish would be nice. I need to make sure I get rid of that Damsel for sure though. I had a firefish before and my damsel stressed him to death.

Firefish would be nice. I need to make sure I get rid of that Damsel for sure though. I had a firefish before and my damsel stressed him to death.

ahah i think my damsel might die cause my maroon bit his anal fin (and shredded the heck out of it) and he got ich...cause the maroon is picking on him...DAMSEL STARTED IT!!! lol

Since I lost my Clown last night to my skimmer I have been thinking of what fish to get next. What do you recomend? Remember it's a 20g tank. The fish that remain in there are 1) Damsel and 1) Royal Gramma. Im thinking of removing the Damsel. So what do you reefers recomend. I was thinking, a pair of B&W Clowns.

I always think that clown fish is a must for every nano tank.=) Cause its hardy and popular.And I always recomend tomato clown.Cause its not aggresive and has striking colours.

Firefish is nice..

I always think that clown fish is a must for every nano tank.=) Cause its hardy and popular.And I always recomend tomato clown.Cause its not aggresive and has striking colours.

Firefish is nice..

Your right. Clowns is like a must for us nano reefers. They are perfect.

Firefish is a must...they have a spike...i mean do clowns have a spike...

you want to talk about colors...look the the $200 helfrichi firefish (coolest nano fish in the world!)

you want to talk about colors...look the the $200 helfrichi firefish (coolest nano fish in the world!)

haha...fair enough.But if i have $200 at my disposal, i rather buy some affordable nano fishes and the rest of the money into equipments and corals.

haha...fair enough.But if i have $200 at my disposal, i rather buy some affordable nano fishes and the rest of the money into equipments and corals.

come on..its more exciting to have a 200 dollar pimp in your tank!!!

come on..its more exciting to have a 200 dollar pimp in your tank!!!

:bowdown::haha: Would that make me cool here at nano-reef.com? Then I'll buy it, hahaha.

keep in mind that firefish has a tendacy to jump though.

FF, beautiful but extremely timid. Somedays he will dash to his cave as soon as someone comes into the room. Clown on the other hand is like a golden retriever, lotz 'o personality and best yet most are tank bred eating almost anything you throw its way. I guess my next fish will be a blenny or another type of goby.

10" Red Devil
keep in mind that firefish has a tendacy to jump though.

I second this statement. Cesar, dont you have an open top? Although all fish jump imho.

How about a Flame Hawk, or any hawk for that matter. They are kinda cool. Or go for a Chalk Bass. Maybe a uncommon cardinal, like the goldstripe.

OR you could get on board the Yasha Haze. Also if your thinking about throwing down for that expensive Heilrichs Firefish maybe think about going to platnum reefs and check out this rare goby they have forget name.

Let us know what you decide.

Great advice guys thanks.

One more question. Im going to place a fish trap to get that DAMNsel I have in there. Will the tank be ok if I put a little drop of Crazy Glue to hold the trap together. Oh by the way, I will be doing the inverted home made plastic bottle trap. What do you guys think of that?

• 4 weeks later...
How did u get him out? im tryn to get rid of my maroon, and a damsel!

It's rated *R* material dude, sorry. ;)

So I got myself a pair of B&W Saddle Back Clowns man. They are very cool.

Archived