Coral Vue Hydros

next contest?

Llamaguy

...or maybe something for nano reefers to really show off with, like a biotope contest.

i'd like to see a biotope contest

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10g = too expensive.

you have less real estate to work with in a 5.5g, so in addition to needing less in terms of corals to "fill it", coral selection will be more crucial. plus it will allow more people to enter the contest. that's just my opinion though.

A contest that tries to create the best illusion of "larger than it seems". like a 5.5g stocked with tiny frags that would make you think the tank was 50gallons not 5. This would make choosing the right rock work and corals curtial.

Or a 3 species dominated tank

Wall corals. Get a piece of acrylic to fit inside for the back. Then you would cover the acryic piece in glue and laydown rubble and sand so you can layer stick corals to it. Corals would grow and cover the whole back and 1 live rock just to fill space.

Biotope would be sick.

Fishfreak218
i'd like to see a biotope contest

Same.. bio-tope would be awesome.. but nothing to tiny.. maybe like 10g. or something but not pico sized...i think 10g. would be a good size3 for a bio-tope.. or maybe no limits except it cant be bigger then X amount of gallons

oh man, please please please do a new contest! a 10 gallon would be tight, or even a 5.5 gallon..... but lets not start it till this summer when I get home please.... think about a May 25th start time how bout?

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the bus on the last contest, I was very disappointed. I want in and I want a contest soon. I am ready to go! 10g, 5g,2g, or 1g. I am a little over enthusiastic but let's go already! :D

...maybe an open contest, 10 gallon and under.

...or maybe something for nano reefers to really show off with, like a biotope contest.

^ I'm for one of those.

tidepool tank! Not a surge tank like tigah's, but a full tidepool where the thing actualy has to drain and stay that way for a while... Or an open contest so I can use that idea for myself!

im with ereefer

i missed the last one cause classes this semester kinda sucked

but im deffinately down for the summer

i'd say a aga 10g

Grantlington

im in australia too. would love to be a part of another contest.

Aussie boy i think you would just have to get the square tank equivelant(spelling?) and just make sure the litres match up to the US gallon

I would say that a 5.5 contest would be good but it should have a volume allowance of at least +/- .5 gallons to allow for tanks other than AGA. The tank I would want to use is a 20.1L glass cube. The one thing I think I've figured out is that pics win contest, So I might be upgrading my camera in the event of another contest.

I will buy a membership to this site and post more if we can get a new contest! Who's with me that hasn't already bought a membership? I want to get in on a new contest..... SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can we get this ball rolling.... Moderators???

Yeh i was just at the LFS today, one of those little 12" cube's you mean? they where only $20

I saw one here in Las Vegas, 7.5 gallon cube, 12" square - looked like fun to me. An open, 10g or under category would rock :)

prizes cost money :)

Who cares about prizes that much? I will buy a membership, who else will???

Maybe an entry fee??? Come on get this ball rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If prizes are out then maybe a few people could work out some details for a friendly contest and put it together. Some one could moderate the entries and deadlines or whatever. I think it would be cool have a single open category contest, tanks .5 to 20, but to have a species specific theme wealther it be a members favorite coral, fish, invert whatever they choose to go with.

Archived